C-TEC life-safety equipment at health centre inspired by Prince Charles
Inspired by HRH Prince Charles, a new £5M integrated health centre in Burnley, includes the installation of C-TEC life-safety equipment.
The idea for a centre devoted to health, well-being and learning followed discussions between Lancashire County Council and Prince Charles at Clarence House in 2007.
The Fold was completed in 2011.
Installed in the main foyer:
- one of C-TEC’s innovative SigTEL disabled refuge controllers,
- connected to four hands-free outstations situated in the clearly marked refuge areas around the three-storey building.
- in an emergency, the system will enable two-way communication between rescue teams and disabled people waiting in the refuge areas
Said Ashley Holt of Amsec UK, the specialist company that completed the project: ’Demand for disabled refuge systems is at an all time high as the Building Regulations state that they should be installed in all new buildings with more than one storey.
’We specify C-TEC’s refuge equipment because it is cost-effective, easy-to-install and very user-friendly’.
C-TEC call system, Quantec
- used to facilitate communication throughout the centre which encompasses an extensive range of mental health, dental and family support clinics.
- each consultation room has been fitted with a call point to provide staff with reassurance that they can call for help should a difficult situation arise.
- Quantec also provides emergency call facilities in each of the disabled persons’ washrooms
Amsec UK is one of the UK’s top providers of high quality integrated security solutions.
Based in Flint, the company has a wealth of prestigious clients throughout Europe including Thortons and TNT Fashion Group.
C-TEC is currently celebrating 30 years as a manufacturer of innovative life-safety equipment
- new factory to facilitate an increase in the production of its fire alarm control panels, call systems anddisability equipment and set the stage for further expansion
For more information, contact C-TEC on 01942 322744.
The new Document Box has been launched by C-TEC for storing vital documentation relating to fire alarm, voice alarm, disabled refuge, nursecall and other life safety applications.
Kee Klamp and Kee Access fittings from Kee Systems were installed to provide safe access to The Shed, a temporary theatre in front of National Theatre on the Southbank in London. Main contractors, Rise Contracts Ltd, specified powder-coated Kee Klamp and Kee Access components for internal handrail systems throughout the auditorium, plus galvanised Kee Klamp fittings externally to provide safe access for theatre visitors.
Bull Products all-in-one safety display stands can be customised with any design to suit areas around construction sites, factory or warehouse. This popular low-cost range of stands can be customised with company logos and any equipment combinations. They can be supplied as standalone items or joined together to create a cubed or triangular point, and available with wheels for easy manoeuvrability.
Kee Systems provided Bradfield College in Berkshire with Kee Klamp® fittings as a permanent cost-effective safety walkway solution to allow staff to access the roof and eliminate slips, trips and falls. KeeGuard® modular freestanding guardrail was installed around the roof perimeter and Kee Walk® traversing modular walkway was installed to ensure safety under foot.
Evac+Chair International is working with newly appointed distributor, Jian Quan Medical Equipment Inc to raise awareness of emergency evacuation equipment. Practical sessions took place at the Shanghai International exhibition on Public Safety & Security, held at the Shanghai World Expo Centre where the Evac+Chair was demonstrated alongside expert knowledge of evacuation procedures for both businesses and non-domestic users.