Evac+Chair chosen for 'Make it in Great Britain' exhibition
Evac+Chair Internationalcontact supplier
The ’Make it in Great Britain’ exhibition at the Science Museum, opened by Business Secretary Vince Cable and Business Minister Mark Prisk demonstrates the very best of British manufacturing.
Make it in Great Britain exhibition
- at the Science Museum, London
- 24 July until 9 September
- exhibition is the culmination of the Make it in Great Britain campaign
Make it in Great Britain campaign
- launched in 2011 by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- aims to dispel the myth that Britain ‘doesn’t make anything anymore’
- challenges outdated opinions of the UK manufacturing industry, worth approximately £137bn to the UK economy each year and employing 2.5 million people
- beat competition from hundreds of UK companies to a place at the exhibition
- original manufacturer and the world’s leading supplier of evacuation chairs, designed to allow people who are mobility impaired to safely descend staircases in the event of an emergency without the need for lifting or great physical strength
- employs more than 70 people - manufacturing base in Birmingham
- produces and distributes more than 7,500 units per year to customers in the UK and more than 30 countries including the USA, Japan, India, New Zealand and South Africa
Paul Colder, Head of Marketing for Evac Chair International commented:
’After months of planning, it’s fantastic to see our exhibit representing the British manufacturing industry in the Science Museum alongside iconic companies like McLaren, Airbus, The Royal Mint and Sunseeker, as well as leading small and medium businesses like Ultra Global’.
Business Minister Mark Prisk said: ’The Make it in Great Britain exhibition showcases a mix of forward-thinking businesses from a range of sectors including aerospace, automotive and food and drink, which will give the public a real flavour of what modern manufacturing is all about, and demonstrate first-hand the exciting and rewarding career opportunities available today’.
For more details about Evac Chair follow their weblink above.
Evac+Chair International will showcase its emergency escape equipment at the 2013 Safety and Health Expo using their own customised double-decker Emergency Bus as their display at the exhibition.This will include a wide variety of evacuation chairs such as the Air Chair and emergency solutions including ParAid Medical Ibex Tran Seat and CardiAid Automated External Defibrillator.
World Trade Centre Museum to display the evacuation chairs for disabled workers and the mobility impaired that helped to save several lives during the World Trade Centre attack in New York City.
Survey by evacuation specialists, Evac Chair International shows half of companies are under prepared for wheelchair users and the mobility-impaired to make a safe escape from the workplace.
International exports double at Evac Chair International, the UK’s leading manufacturer of emergency escape equipment.
Birmingham-based, Evac Chair International, the world’s leading supplier of emergency escape equipment, welcomed over 30 guests from 16 countries worldwide to its third consecutive international distributor conference.