New range of Janisol fire doors and screens from Schueco Jansen
Schueco UKcontact supplier
Janisol fire doors and screens
New Schueco Jansen Janisol C4 steel door systems now meet relevant EN standards and are appoved for UK use.
SCHUECO JANSEN STEEL FIRE DOORS AND SCREENS
- high fire-resistance performance
- narrow sight-lines
- large glazed areas
- stylish hardware
- wide variety of design options
Manufactured from hot-dip galvanised cold rolled steel sections with special isolators and an advanced fire-retardant core, these glazed doors and screens achieve an EI90 rating. This means:
- they will maintain their stability and integrity and provide a physical barrier against flame, smoke, heat and hot gases for up to 90 minutes
- by maintaining an average temperature of 140oC on the non-fire side, they can help to save lives by protecting vital escape routes
The tests (in accordance with EN 1364-1 and EN 1634-1) and assessment procedures (drawing on 2012 reports from BRE Global) take into account fixing into masonry and concrete walls, as well as steel-framed partition systems. This means:
- specifiers and investors can be assured that Janisol C4 systems will provide proven protection for people and property
- mitred and welded corners and a frame depth of only 70 mm and, because of their steel construction, are able to offer narrow sight-lines – typically just 132.5 mm for the frame and opening leaf – so allowing maximum transmission of light
- customers can choose for the frames to be finished in any of the RAL range of colours.
The approved scope of door and fixed-light combinations includes single and double rebated doors with/without midrails, side- and top-lights and radiused-head top-lights.
Exceptionally large doors are also possible:
- maximum leaf sizes for single doors are up to 1,426 mm wide and 3,044 mm high (max. area 5.21 m2)
- double doors can be specified up to 1,529 mm wide and 2,889 mm high (max. area 4.01 m2)
Fittings for standard Janisol C4 doors include
- wide range of locks, barrel or surface-mounted hinges with/without adjustment features and stylish stainless steel handles
Panic bars and touch-bar fittings complying to EN 1125 are also available
In addition to door sets and fixed lights, the Janisol C4 system may also be used for glazed screens up to a maximum height of 3,963 mm where there is a requirement for 90 minutes’ integrity and insulation.
Infills for the doors and screens include a range of both single- and double-glazed fire-protection units as well as non-glass panels, the latter being typically a sandwich of 1 mm steel sheet and 36 mm of plasterboard.
For further details of Janisol C4 fire systems and all other steel façade, window and door systems from Schueco Jansen, email email@example.com
Schueco Jansen is exhibiting at Architect@Work in 2014 to showcase its Janisol Arte Renovation Window, which won a gold medal for innovation at Batimat 2011.
Schueco Jansen has extended its range of fire protection doors by introducing two new Unlatched Steel Fire Doors. The new steel framed fire doors offer slim sightlines, fully glazed leaves and a high level of performance. Suitable for schools, hospitals and hotels, the doors have been tested to EN 1634 and are available in two ranges – the Jansen Economy 60 E30 and Janisol 2 EI30.
Building envelope specialist, Schueco UK, demonstrate how its energy-efficient aluminium and steel systems means old commercial or residential building can be refurbished to a high thermal standard without the need for the occupants to move out. They can also help architects, main contractors and fabricator partners create buildings that meet or exceed ever-stricter energy-saving guidelines included in Part L of the Building Regulations.
Schueco Jansen has announced that its VISS SG structural glazing façade system has been given European Technical Approval (ETA-13/0015). VISS SG Façade achieves its all glass appearance using a toggle and channel system that holds the glazed unit in place without the need for a mullion/transom pressure plate and cover cap profiles. The system is most suited to façades that feature long spans and expansive glazed areas.
Schueco UK has extended its established AWS range of outward-opening aluminium windows with the addition of the new Schueco AWS 75.SI. Offering design flexibility and thermal insulation that exceeds the new Document L 2013 regulations, it is thought to be one of the highest performing aluminium outward-opening window systems in the UK.