Tremco illbruck products help lay floors of new hospital building in Fife
Tremco illbruckcontact supplier
Compriband joints and Tremco damp proof and smoothing products
Architects BDP specified Tremco illbruck Compriband construction joints and Tremco damp proof and smoothing products for use in laying the floors of the Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy.
Project: construction of the new 500 bed extension to the Victoria Hospital by Balfour Beatty
MacGregor Flooring: specialist sub-contractor
- installed the majority of the Compriband movement joints
- used Tremco ES100 One Coat Universal fluid applied damp proof membrane and compatible smoothing products
Tremco ES100 One Coat Universal fluid
used to prepare 40,000 m2 of newly power-floated concrete floors,
Compriband movement joints
- different types of fireproof and waterproof construction joints can be found employed within the reinforced concrete floor slabs from the basement to the sixth floor; including within the plant rooms on the second and top floor
- Compriband Superspan FP90 was selected as it has the capacity to retain any water or chemical spillages that might occur in the event of a fault with mechanical service equipment
- in the basement the Compriband Interspan All-Metal FS75 was preferred to withstand extra heavy loads from hospital ‘tug’ vehicles
- rest of the floors were constructed using Interspan All-Metal FS146
- all joints were laid over Compriband Gapseal FR to guard against the ingress of smoke or flame in a fire situation
- 46 metres of the Superspan SP90 used for the plant areas
- 240 linear metres of the Interspan All-Metal FS146 were used during the installation of the main floor slabs in the ward and other areas
Architect Eveline Mertens, comments: ’We chose to specify the Tremco illbruck Compriband range of movement joints because colleagues in the practice had used them successfully for other projects in the past and because they offer a good appearance.
’Tremco illbruck is a well known company with a good reputation’.
A long established client of Tremco illbruck’s flooring division, the manufacturer provided full on site support to ensure all of the profiles were correctly installed; as well as to provide regular checks on the moisture levels in the substrates.
The Contracts Director for MacGregor Flooring, Kenny Smith, adds: ’We use the Tremco ES100 One Coat Universal on pretty much every job we do – in combination with the smoothing compounds – because of their reliability.
The Victoria Hospital project went pretty much flawlessly and we were very impressed with how the company’s Technical Manager spent time on site ensuring everything was correct’.
As a result, some 15-20 per cent of the floor surfaces were ‘passed’ as having acceptable moisture levels to take floor coverings which were mainly lino from Forbo Nairn in Kirkcaldy.
Once the Tremco ES100 DPM had cured, MacGregor flooring was able to follow up with the use of two Tremco illbruck smoothing compounds: Tremco SX300 Unitex being specified for low traffic areas, and Tremco SX200 Unismooth where heavy or wheeled traffic was predicted.
Matrix and Exeter City Council named ’Overall Winner’ at 2013 British Parking Awards plus ‘Best Refurbishment’ project, using Tremco’s MMA car park system.
A new development of 130 apartments on Armstrong Road in Maidstone has used Tremco illbruck’s Duo Flexible Membrane to seal window openings and waterproof the exterior. ME500 Duo Flexible Membrane was specified alongside illbruck ME901 Butyl and Bitumen Primer and Tremco SP525 Hybrid Polymer sealant to waterproof the junctions where the breather membrane protects the structurally insulated panel (SIPS) construction.
Westcoast Windows ultra high performance, timber and aluminium composite frames, employing Tremco illbruck Compriband TP600 impregnated expanding sealing tape, has been included in supplies along the 2,000 mile route of an Antarctic expedition called ’The Coldest Journey’. Tremco illbruck’s sealing tape was specified for the project due to its suitability for use in the extreme conditions the team faced. It has been tested to temperatures reaching -30 degrees Celsius and fits the 5mm ...
The new ABP Car Storage Facility No 4 at Southampton Docks has been waterproofed using Tremco illbruck’s CP 350/951 elastomeric waterproofing system.
Tremco illbruck’s i3 window sealing system has been used at Barratt Homes’ Hanam Hall housing development which has been built to Carbon Zero standards.