Dulux Trade sustainable interior finish at Westfield Stratford City
Dulux Tradecontact supplier
Metalshield and Diamond Matt
Dulux Trade hard wearing Metalshield and Dulux Trade Diamond Matt helped Europe’s largest urban shopping mall, located next to the Olympic Park, achieve an excellent BREEAM rating.
Westfield Stratford City was designed by Westfield Group and the construction work was undertaken by its own construction team, Westfield, who managed the project from start to finish, including paint specification.
Dulux Trade Diamond Matt was specified for the busy areas of the shopping mall including its main foyer, service areas and numerous retail units because of its exceptional durability.
- robust coating is ten times tougher than standard matt or silk emulsions and so was the ideal choice to ensure a fresh, attractive result that would last.
Dulux Trade Metalshield used to decorate and protecte ceilings and metal railings at the 5,000 capacity multi-storey car park
- range of high performance metal coatings that provide up to eight years’ protection for ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- revolutionary formulation that employs new barrier technology to lock out air and moisture
- excellent durability and superb flow characteristics mean that it will last for longer, making it a more sustainable option to conventional metal paints
Sustainability was an important factor for the project and every aspect of the design was scrutinised to ensure the impact on the environment was minimised.
- during the decoration process Dulux Trade set up a Dulux Decorator Centre on site to ensure sustainable practices were incorporated throughout the project, and used electric vans to travel around the development to further reduced CO2 emissions
- Dulux Decorator Centre provided a fully auditable means of recycling all of the paint tins that were used during the project
- 15,000 cans were recycled on site
- Dulux Trade Environmental Wash Systems were also provided to clean the painting and decorative tools without allowing contaminated water to enter the mains drainage system
For more information about the range of products available from Dulux Trade, follow the weblink above.
The new Protection Range guide from Dulux Trade will help specifiers select coatings for demanding or sensitive of environments, bringing together specialist paint solutions which have been developed to to improve flame retardancy and prevent mould and bacteria growth.
Enhancing its durability paints range, Dulux Trade has introduced a coating which has been specifically designed for super high traffic environments. The new Diamond High Performance Eggshell coating has been designed for use in demanding spaces, offering scruff resistance and extended maintenance cycles. Dulux Trade Diamond durability paints are stain-resistant, hard wearing and water-based.
Dulux Trade’s Weathershield colour guide has been updated to incorporate the company’s most popular woodcare colours and to demonstrate how they can be complemented by trim and masonry shades. The new guide arranges colours from dark hues to light shades in order for the specifier to select the right colour palette for any project. The Weathershield range of paints is suitable for exterior masonry, metal trim and wood.
Dulux Trade has launched Dulux Trade Paint Expert – a new website for painters and decorators to share trade tips, funny work tales and project images. The Paint Expert site will also include product reviews, industry news and business advice and can be downloaded as an app for the iPhone with an Android version due to be released soon.
Dulux Trade will be exhibiting at Ecobuild 2013 on stand S651, showcasing its latest sustainablility advances in paints and finishes to painting contractors and specifiers, plus view their latest ’recycled cans’ video on Buildingtalk.