Dulux Trade sustainable interior finish at Westfield Stratford City
Dulux Tradecontact supplier
Metalshield and Diamond Matt
Dulux Trade hard wearing Metalshield and Dulux Trade Diamond Matt helped Europe’s largest urban shopping mall, located next to the Olympic Park, achieve an excellent BREEAM rating.
Westfield Stratford City was designed by Westfield Group and the construction work was undertaken by its own construction team, Westfield, who managed the project from start to finish, including paint specification.
Dulux Trade Diamond Matt was specified for the busy areas of the shopping mall including its main foyer, service areas and numerous retail units because of its exceptional durability.
- robust coating is ten times tougher than standard matt or silk emulsions and so was the ideal choice to ensure a fresh, attractive result that would last.
Dulux Trade Metalshield used to decorate and protecte ceilings and metal railings at the 5,000 capacity multi-storey car park
- range of high performance metal coatings that provide up to eight years’ protection for ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- revolutionary formulation that employs new barrier technology to lock out air and moisture
- excellent durability and superb flow characteristics mean that it will last for longer, making it a more sustainable option to conventional metal paints
Sustainability was an important factor for the project and every aspect of the design was scrutinised to ensure the impact on the environment was minimised.
- during the decoration process Dulux Trade set up a Dulux Decorator Centre on site to ensure sustainable practices were incorporated throughout the project, and used electric vans to travel around the development to further reduced CO2 emissions
- Dulux Decorator Centre provided a fully auditable means of recycling all of the paint tins that were used during the project
- 15,000 cans were recycled on site
- Dulux Trade Environmental Wash Systems were also provided to clean the painting and decorative tools without allowing contaminated water to enter the mains drainage system
For more information about the range of products available from Dulux Trade, follow the weblink above.
Dulux Trade has named Kenny Halsall of Bagnalls, the ‘Most Trusted Contractor Painter of 2013’ after 150 nominations from across the UK was received by the paint manufacturer.
The restaurant at Millfield School in Somerset has been updated using Diamond Matt and Diamond Eggshell paint from Dulux Trade. Existing green and orange tones were replaced with a calmer look using Ash White for the main walls, DH Indigo on the feature walls, Green Oxide for the upper wall panels and Dark Stone for the frames and pillars. The water-based properties of the Diamond range help to extend maintenance cycles.
Dulux Trade has announced the regional winners of its annual Most Trusted Decorator competition. The ten regional winners will go on to take part in the national final which will take place in November this year. The Dulux Trade Most Trusted Decorator recognises the UK’s perfectionist painters and dependable decorators.
Dulux Trade has updated its website’s colour section in a bid to make specification as simple as possible. The revamped section offers advice on colour scheming alongside a selection of downloadable resources. A new interactive colour selection tool enables specifiers to peruse full colour ranges and also suggests tones and schemes that are complementary to the main theme. The colour section is divided into four zones: Resources, Collections, Design Collections and Design Tools.
Magna Housing Association has specified Pyroshield Eggshell flame retardant paint from Dulux Trade to brighten up communal areas across five flat developments in the south West of England. Pyroshield Eggshell ensured the buildings achieved the mandatory Class 0 fire safety rating of the Building Regulations Part B. The fire retardant coating was used in all communal areas including the hallways and staircases.