Geberit Mapress seals for quick and safe solar system installation
Mapress pressfitting system
Geberit’s Mapress pressfitting system, with its dedicated seal ring for solar installations, ensures a quick, safe and simple installation.
Installers welcome Geberit’s new colour-coded seal ring to its innovative Mapress press-fitting system for solar and industrial installations.
Solar power technology becoming increasingly popular
- Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive, together with the Renewable Heat Premium Payment of £300 for solar thermal installations marks a growing trend for solar panels in commercial projects.
- solar thermal systems are now eligible for support in non-residential buildings at a rate of 8.5p/kWh and this is likely to be carried over to include domestic properties shortly
Geberit’s Mapress pressfitting system
- dedicated seal ring for solar installations
- makes fitting such systems a simple process
Benefits for installers
For the installer, having a sound knowledge of the tools and pipework required for fitting this latest technology is key to keeping labour times to a minimum.
Being able to call upon a tried and tested installation method that is already being used elsewhere on site is the ideal solution and, thanks to the new blue seal ring from Geberit, this is now possible.
- With the performance of a seal ring characterised by the perfect combination of temperature stability and chemical resistance in the range of application, the new blue coated seal ring is offered as one compound for solar and industry up to d108, saving the installer time and increasing safety on site, while it also delivers better resistance to high and low temperatures ranging from -20°C up to 220°C.
- A fully assembled fitting range of stainless steel, carbon steel, copper and CuNiFe is available making it suitable for all types of solar pipework.
- With no gasket change necessary on site and only one seal ring for thermal solar and industrial applications, Mapress is the preferred choice for the speedy installation of solar systems, while the increased temperature stability and chemical resistance of the seal ring ensure that it always puts safety first.
Geberit is offering installers the opportunity to get hands-on experience of its Mapress pressfitting system during its 2013 Plumb Center venues tour. Geberit On Tour 2013 began in Bideford on 23 April and ends on 17 May in Aylesbury. Technical advisors will be on hand to answer any questions and sign installers up to the Mapress system. Mapress is available in copper, carbon steel, CuNiFe and stainless steel options and has been designed to offer safe, permanently leak-proof connections.
Geberit’s Mapress press fit pipe system has been used to refurbish an antiquated heating system at Forest School in Horsham.
Geberit has introduced a new UK website for architects and specifiers searching for bathroom products including showers, toilets, washbasins and piping systems.
Geberit piping systems, including Duofix, HDPE and Mapress, played a key role in the construction of the iconic London 2012 Aquatics Centre.
Geberit used ISH 2013 to unveil a new look for its popular Sigma50 flush plate which has been brought up-to-date by designer Christoph Behling.