Schueco Jansen stylish facades for an 'all-glass' appearance
Schueco UKcontact supplier
Schueco Jansen VISS SG glazed facades
Architects and specifiers welcome the Schueco Jansen VISS SG façades because only the narrow silicone joints between adjoining units are visible.
Schueco Jansen VISS SG façades delivers the stylish ’all-glass’ appearance that is so much in vogue with architects.
How is this effect avhieved?
- a special toggle and channel system holds the glazed unit in place mechanically, without the need for the traditional mullion/transom pressure plate and cover cap profiles
- means that from the outside, only the narrow silicone joints between adjoining units are visible
Utilising the outstanding structural properties of steel, Schueco Jansen VISS SG façades are characterised by long spans and large glazed areas
- system capable of supporting glass panes up to 2.5 m wide x 5.0 m high and weighing up to 800 kg, VISS SG delivers maximum transparency for the building envelope together with excellent ’U’ values
- thermally insulated steel mullions and transoms of a VISS SG system can accommodate double- or triple-glazed units up to a thickness of 70 mm and readily fulfil the requirements of current and future proposed Building Regulation
- based on Schueco Jansen’s widely specified VISS range of steel façades, VISS SG is available in either 50 mm and 60 mm face widths and can be combined with any of the VISS profile family including VISS Basic, which can be mounted on any suitable support structure - this allows a wide range of options from a standard range of components.
For more information on Schueco Jansen VISS SG structurally glazed façades and other Schueco Jansen steel systems, email email@example.com
Schueco Jansen is exhibiting at Architect@Work in 2014 to showcase its Janisol Arte Renovation Window, which won a gold medal for innovation at Batimat 2011.
Schueco Jansen has extended its range of fire protection doors by introducing two new Unlatched Steel Fire Doors. The new steel framed fire doors offer slim sightlines, fully glazed leaves and a high level of performance. Suitable for schools, hospitals and hotels, the doors have been tested to EN 1634 and are available in two ranges – the Jansen Economy 60 E30 and Janisol 2 EI30.
Building envelope specialist, Schueco UK, demonstrate how its energy-efficient aluminium and steel systems means old commercial or residential building can be refurbished to a high thermal standard without the need for the occupants to move out. They can also help architects, main contractors and fabricator partners create buildings that meet or exceed ever-stricter energy-saving guidelines included in Part L of the Building Regulations.
Schueco Jansen has announced that its VISS SG structural glazing façade system has been given European Technical Approval (ETA-13/0015). VISS SG Façade achieves its all glass appearance using a toggle and channel system that holds the glazed unit in place without the need for a mullion/transom pressure plate and cover cap profiles. The system is most suited to façades that feature long spans and expansive glazed areas.
Schueco UK has extended its established AWS range of outward-opening aluminium windows with the addition of the new Schueco AWS 75.SI. Offering design flexibility and thermal insulation that exceeds the new Document L 2013 regulations, it is thought to be one of the highest performing aluminium outward-opening window systems in the UK.