Schueco Jansen stylish facades for an 'all-glass' appearance
Schueco UKcontact supplier
Schueco Jansen VISS SG glazed facades
Architects and specifiers welcome the Schueco Jansen VISS SG façades because only the narrow silicone joints between adjoining units are visible.
Schueco Jansen VISS SG façades delivers the stylish ’all-glass’ appearance that is so much in vogue with architects.
How is this effect avhieved?
- a special toggle and channel system holds the glazed unit in place mechanically, without the need for the traditional mullion/transom pressure plate and cover cap profiles
- means that from the outside, only the narrow silicone joints between adjoining units are visible
Utilising the outstanding structural properties of steel, Schueco Jansen VISS SG façades are characterised by long spans and large glazed areas
- system capable of supporting glass panes up to 2.5 m wide x 5.0 m high and weighing up to 800 kg, VISS SG delivers maximum transparency for the building envelope together with excellent ’U’ values
- thermally insulated steel mullions and transoms of a VISS SG system can accommodate double- or triple-glazed units up to a thickness of 70 mm and readily fulfil the requirements of current and future proposed Building Regulation
- based on Schueco Jansen’s widely specified VISS range of steel façades, VISS SG is available in either 50 mm and 60 mm face widths and can be combined with any of the VISS profile family including VISS Basic, which can be mounted on any suitable support structure - this allows a wide range of options from a standard range of components.
For more information on Schueco Jansen VISS SG structurally glazed façades and other Schueco Jansen steel systems, email email@example.com
Building envelope specialist, Schueco UK, used Ecobuild to demonstrate how its aluminium and steel systems can help architects, main contractors and fabricator achieve new energy-saving regulations.
As part of its Thinking Ahead sustainability initiative, Schueco UK is introducing two new aluminium systems – the AWS 90.SI Green Window and the FW 50 .SI Green Façade.
Schueco ASS 70 FD thermally insulated folding/sliding door system from Schueco UK will meet the increased insulation standards expected with new Part L.
Schueco development and testing programme makes their ‘Enhanced’ range of blast and bullet resistant façades, windows and doors easier to specify and more cost-effective to install.
Steel system specialist, Schueco Jansen has introduced two new glazed sliding door products for specification in high end housing developments.