DGCOS new consumer brochure helps members sales
Double Glazing and Conservatory Ombudsman Schemecontact supplier
Double Glazing & Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme
Brochure featuring consumer champion Nick Ross, encouraging consumers to choose a DGCOS member for home improvements.
DGCOS (Double Glazing & Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme) new consumer brochure
- six page high-impact consumer brochure
- added to marketing materials provided for members
- brochure sums up why consumers should always choose a DGCOS member for home improvements
- features consumer champion Nick Ross
- identifies all the benefits which are included free of charge when using a DGCOS member company
- feedback shows members find it a very useful and effective addition to their sales presentation materials
Brochure also introduces the Ombudsman, Ronald Barham who has been a highly qualified dispute resolution practitioner in the home improvement sector for many years.
The sales aid features quotes from satisfied customers who’ve had problems rectified without fuss or delay
Includes information on the independent Consumer Protection report.
- reviews all the consumer protection schemes associated with the window/home improvement industry, including recent developments such as the launch of ’no frills’ budget ombudsman services
- lists ten questions which homeowners should ask every company providing home improvements
The consumer sales aid has already had an impact on members’ sales.
Somei Back, of Bentley Plastics commentd, ’We have definitely increased sales since we started using the new brochure. We send it out with our quotation for each job.
’It succinctly sums up the benefits for the consumer when they use a DGCOS member, and it’s proving very effective in helping us win new contracts and increase our conversion rates’.
For more information on DGCOS visit via the weblink above or call 01257 235820.
Since its launch to consumers, the Double Glazing and Conservatory Ombudsman scheme (DGCOS) has generated over GBP3.25m in sales, including GBP2.58m extra sales for members in 2011
The Group, which includes Apple Panels, Larkin Windows and Apple Solar, completes more than 400 retail contracts a month, with all installations covered under the DGCOS scheme.
Prestige Window Systems has signed up every single lead from the Double Glazing and Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme (DGCOS) since the company became a member in July.
A Mission to Save the Industry's Reputation, the DGCOS Conference held at the RICOH Arena, was hosted by Nick Ross who confirmed he will continue as ambassador for the scheme for three years.
January 2010 - The Double Glazing and Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme has been launched to protect homeowners and professionals.