New versatile RF1 glazing system from Lorient
Lorient’s latest fire resistant glazing system, the RF1, is a stylish bead-applied glazing solution for 60 minute applications
RF1 fire resistant glazing system
Glazed panels are often required in fire resistant walls and doors to allow vision and natural light.
In door assemblies they allow:
- people to see others approaching from the opposite direction
- fire and smoke to be seen without opening the door - an important safety benefit
However, adding a vision panel to a door can create a point of weakness; and where timber and glass meet, fire can take hold.
Also, without support, the glass can quickly slump and fall out in the extreme heat of a fire.
The solution is to fit fire resistant glass secured by an appropriate glazing retention system.
Lorient’s latest 60 minute glazing system RF1 includes:
- pair of bead-applied intumescent glazing seals
- an intumescent liner
- incorporates flexible fins that allow small tolerances between door, bead and glass thicknesses to be accommodated
In everyday use, the RF1 system holds glass firmly in place which stops the glass from rattling.
In a fire, the two glazing seals and liner expand, preventing the glass from slumping; and also stopping heat transferring to the timber, so fire cannot take hold around the edges of the glazing aperture.
RF1 offers premium aesthetics, the coloured caps are the only visible elements when fitted - and these are available in a variety of colours to coordinate with the beading, door finishes and door furniture.
Important facts about RF1
- successfully tested for fire resistance in 60 minute applications, for doors and screens
- carries CERTIFIRE CF5033 certification
For further details about Lorient’s RF1 and other glazing seals visit www.lorientuk.com.