Interserve win industrial services contract for gas storage facility
Pipework fabrication and mechanical services
Major £5m contract includes Interserve providing pipework fabrication and mechanical services for a new gas storage facility in Stublach, Cheshire.
The Stublach Gas Storage Project
- salt cavern storage facility being developed by Storengy UK (a GDF Suez company)
- will be one of the main storage facilities in the country
- capable of storing some 400 million cubic meters of natural gas
- up to 28 caverns are being created,
- the first 10 are currently being solution-mined ready for commissioning in 2013
Interserve is working with lead designers, Jacobs Engineering.
Interserve is fabricating and assembling over 40 items of associated equipment including off-site assembled pipe-racks.
The contract for over 7500 metres of high integrity pipework, being manufactured at its primary mechanical support facility in Ellesmere Port, includes:
- trace heating
Some onsite installation of additional fabricated pipework and free issue plant will also be required.
Guy Bruce, Interserve Managing Director – Industrial, commented: “Interserve has a longstanding relationship with Storengy UK, delivering mechanical, electrical and instrumentation services during the first phase of construction in 2008.
’We are pleased to be able to continue our support through the provision of additional industrial services on such a prestigious and complex project’.