Significant savings for top hotel through voltage optimisation
iVolt UKcontact supplier
In-depth look at how a hotel has reduced energy bills by more than £15,000 a year with energy saving technology provided by British manufacturer iVolt.
Foxhills Hotel and Resort in Surrey is a 70 bedroom hotel and leisure estate, are making significant savings on electricity bills and creating a more energy-efficient workforce with help from iVolt UK.
The Surrey club – which hosted the Team GB Cyclists - sits in 440 acres of land and with four swimming pools, 12 tennis courts, a spa, two championship golf courses and a conference centre, was running up monthly power bills of around £13,000 and an annual power consumption of 2,074,236kWhr.
Intelligent power optimisation from iVolt UK
- reduced electricity consumption by lowering the incoming voltage to the four star estate
- records the peaks and troughs of use to help staff monitor their own behaviour and consumption
Facilities Director, Ben Biggs, explains, ’Our energy demand grows year on year and with it our bills rise so for some time we had been considering ways of tackling this problem.
’Foxhills is a very busy place; we’ve got a lot of guests moving through and a workforce of 150-160 people and that means a lot of energy used.
’Foxhills’ convection ovens, pool plant and thousands of light fittings account for about two thirds of the total power consumption at the site.
Finding energy efficient solutions for all of these contributors could be costly, disruptive and time-consuming but not with iVolt:
- one off investment
- zero disruption to the running of the hotel and offers benefits across the whole site
- reducing power bills by 12-20%, saving thousands of pounds a year
- cutting maintenance costs on heavy equipment
- significantly reducing expenditure on new lamps
The iVolt system takes the existing electricity supply and reduces it to a steady 220v ( /-1.5%) – the level at which electrical equipment works most efficiently.
- cuts the amount of energy wasted
- helps to prevent damage to electrical equipment
- eradicates the risk of under-voltage
- allows for up to 30% greater savings than with a fixed reduction voltage optimisation system
iVolt system’s unique Intelligent Real Time Energy Monitoring® technology also helped to educate staff about their own energy use, because it allows real time monitoring of savings.
This integrated software not only enables the client to see value for money from the moment they turn the system on, but monitors when electricity use is at its peak.
Ben Biggs said, ’The savings are three-fold: the iVolt not only saves us money by reducing the amount of power we use but it reduces the strain on equipment, which means it lasts longer, and by monitoring our energy consumption in real time it provides me with crucial information which I can then take to my staff to make them more conscious of the electricity we’re using - and in many cases wasting.
’This tool was really the reason we chose iVolt over its competitors and we’re very happy with the results we’re seeing’.
Use the weblink above for more information.