New ZipDoor dust barrier seals rooms and saves clean-up time and costs
ZipDoor dust barrier
New ZipDoor dust barrier from Protec can be fitted in under a minute to a doorway to seal a room and immediately contain all dust, dirt and its subsequent clean-up time and costs.
ZipDoor dust barrier from Protec
- quick and easy to fit to a doorframe using specially designed double sided tape
- features glued-in zips
- recyclable heavy duty polythene
- creates a quick and secure dust barrier
- designed specifically to aid dust containment in construction, refurbishment, and maintenance settings
Darren Moore, from Protec, says: ’In the current economic climate competition for work is fierce. If you can do a good job but also add value by working cleaner with less disruption then that raises you above the competition.
’An innovative product like ZipDoor helps your reputation, word-of-mouth recommendations and repeat business while keeping costs and overheads down’.
Installation and use
ZipDoor can be installed by one person in under a minute, saving time and money on site with its ease of installation but also by avoiding time-consuming clean-ups and the associated costs at the end of a job.
Ideal for residential and commercial projects as it comes in two sizes:
- standard doors up to 7ft x 3ft (2134mm x 914mm) and
- commercial doors up to 8ft x 4ft (2438mm x 1219mm)
- commercial ZipDoor is also flame retardant 
ZipDoor’s two pre-installed zips are glued on for maximum tensile strength, outperforming sewn-in alternatives which perforate the sheeting when the zip is pulled.
The zips also extend to the floor, eliminating the trip hazard of a hatch-style door.
- when open, the door flap rolls up and stows easily in the provided flap hooks
Attaching the ZipDoor to the doorframe is ZipWall’s exclusive double-sided tape.
- tape uses a paper carrier, so it tears easily, no scissors or knife needed
- side applied to the doorframe performs like painter’s tape
The other side features an aggressive adhesive to secure the plastic sheeting.
- despite its strength, the adhesive gives the user up to an hour to reposition the doorway before fully bonding
Protec, a leading supplier of temporary protection materials to the construction industry, will introduce ZipDoor to the UK market during the Professional Builder Toolfair exhibition in Manchester.
 Not currently certificated to LPS 1207 standards