GEC Anderson stainless steel sinks for new fire station
GEC Andersoncontact supplier
Stainless steel sinks and worktops
Bespoke brushed satin stainless steel sinks and worktops from GEC Anderson installed in kitchens plus breathing apparatus and kit cleaning rooms at Winchester Fire Station.
GEC Anderson installation at Winchester Fire Station
- freestanding worktops, totalling more than 10 metres, were installed in the breathing apparatus (BA) room and kit cleaning area of the fire station
- industrial sized sinks were included to provide an effective washing facility for the fire crew’s specialist equipment
Sarah Collins, architect for Hampshire County Council’s Property Services Department said, ’The specialised sinks were chosen for their ability to cope with an environment of high usage.
We wanted a material that was robust enough to take the everyday knocks and last for the lifetime of the building. GEC Anderson sinks certainly met this requirement and are performing extremely well’.
- GEC Anderson high grade Made to Measure stainless steel sinks are manufactured in one continuous piece to the exact shape and size specified with no joins at the sink bowls, edges or upstands
- large sink bowls were specified from GEC Anderson’s extensive range of sizes, to provide adequate space to accommodate oxygen tanks and other items
- lipped edges were provided to prevent spillage onto the floor
Fire Station manager, Howard Watts added, ’We need extra deep sinks in the apparatus room as the equipment we use is both heavy and sizeable.
Also, as we use disinfectant to wash our face masks, the sinks and draining area needed to be stain resistant’.
Two worktops were also provided for the kitchen area.
Sarah Collins, said ’We wanted a material that was hygienic, easy to maintain and wash down.
GEC Anderson were able to provide continuous worktops, including one that is 4 metres long and combination bowls were included as was a cut-out for the cooking hob’.
Winchester Fire Station details:
- relocated from its home of 74 years at North Walls to Easton Lane, Winnall, Winchester
- new five-bay fire station is operationally and strategically located on the outskirts of the city on a major access route, close to the M3
- new facility can accommodate 70-plus personnel and provides a continuously crewed facility as opposed to the previous just day-crewed arrangement, thus providing faster emergency cover over a greater area
- increased and better training facilities
- contains the offices of the Technical Fire Safety team who work with commercial organisations in and around Winchester to reduce risk
- station is also available for partner organisations to use and houses a new Road Safety centre which is staffed by instructors from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service extrication team
- facility benefits from cutting edge, eco-friendly technology, including ground source heat pumping, solar panels, photo-voltaic panels and a rainwater harvesting system
- helped Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service achieve an “Excellent” BREEAM accreditation
- building was constructed by the Leadbitter Group, on behalf of Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service (HFRS)
- GEC Anderson has worked with both Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service and Leadbitter Group previously.
Satin-brushed stainless steel worktops and sinks from GEC Anderson’s made-to-measure range have been specified to enhance the light at Lancashire’s Brockholes Nature Reserve. The conference centre kitchenette features two robust brushed-satin stainless steel sinktops while the Education Classroom includes a single-piece, 3.5m made-to-measure brushed-satin stainless steel sinktop with a trough sink.
GEC Anderson’s range of stainless steel sanitary appliances includes WCs, urinals, wash troughs, basins, drinking fountains, mirrors, baths, sluice sinks, sand traps and bins. The safe and durable range is robust and hygienic making it suitable for use in public and commercial washrooms, changing rooms and bathrooms. The low maintenance WC pans boast minimal flush volumes and excellent trap-performance.
GEC Anderson’s new Series A range of satin brushed stainless steel sinks has been designed to offer functionality and flexibility. The bowls can be seamlessly integrated into the company’s stainless steel worktops or supplied individually for flush mount and under mount applications. Bowl sizes range from 170-700mm, have a front-to-back dimension of 400mm and feature a 12mm corner radius in order to increase the useable bowl volume.
GEC Anderson offers a wide range of made-to-measure stainless steel sinks, worktops, cabinets, panels, doors and shelving for use in both domestic and commercial applications. Manufactured using satin finish stainless steel, the company’s sink bowls are welded into the worksurface with no visible joins. GEC Anderson’s panels and splashbacks are easy to clean, hygienic and available in any shape or size.
The Decimetric professional kitchen system has been created for commercial environments such as catering, health, recreation and retail. Made by GEC Anderson, using top quality EN 1.4301 grade SatinEase stainless steel, it offers a range of framework options to enable simple, rapid and accurate specification of sinks, work-surfaces and drainers ...