Temporary showroom using Kerto timber

Re-usable timber components specified for temporary showrooms

  • 11 Apr 2016

  • Share

Inspired Villages has specified a range of Metsä Wood’s pre-fabricated timber components to construct temporary marketing suites for its new luxury retirement developments.

As 70 percent of the materials are recyclable, the buildings will be dismantled and re-assembled again on other sites after 18 months.

The two temporary marketing suites are currently the only buildings on the green field sites. Each area will soon be transformed into 150 luxury apartments for Inspired Villages.

The developments, situated on the edge of Warwick and near Tattenhall in Cheshire, will provide high-end retirement accommodation for people over the age of 55.

Keith Cockell, Chairman of English Care Village, hopes that the villages will be occupied by summer 2016.

Inspired Villages marketing suites

The marketing suites were set up show potential buyers what the new apartments offer. They were designed by Leisure Concepts and use Metsä Wood’s Kerto Q, Kerto S and RIPA timber products.

Pre-fabricated timber products being lowered onto site.

Kerto is a laminated veneer lumber (LVL) product produced from 3 mm thick, rotary-peeled softwood veneers that are glued together to form a continuous sheet.

Kerto Q was specified for the 12m long and 69mm thick wall panels. Meanwhile, Kerto RIPA – a combination of Kerto Q panels together with Kerto S beams – was specified for the floors and flat room to provide strength, dimensional precision and to stabilise the whole structure.

The Kerto Q large panel construction allowed for faster development and all of the products were more affordable than post and beam construction.

The single-storey showrooms employ Metsä Wood Kerto Q panels on three elevations. The front elevation is glazed, featuring a 2.5m overhand and a decked terrace to the front. 

As all of the products were pre-cut and manufactured at Metsä Wood’s factory, there was no wastage and the speed of construction was very quick. The first marketing suite took seven days to complete, whilst the second was constructed within four.

Re-usable timber

The 100 square metre buildings will be on the sites for approximately 18 months. The structures will then be dismantled, with 70 percent of the structure being re-used on other sites and the remaining 30 percent of the materials being replaced. 

Keith Cockell commented: “I wanted a building that was different from Portakabins and was stylish and individual and yet we had a budget to work to. The Metsä Wood Kerto product gave us the opportunity of exposing the structure of the raw material so the texture and grain of the surface could be seen instead of covering it up.”

Visit Metsä Wood's website

Leave a Reply

More articles

Encon

High ranking Encon’s fast track to success

Inspired Villages has specified a range of Metsä Wood’s pre-fabricated timber components to construct temporary marketing suites for its new luxury retirement developments. As 70 percent of the materials are recyclable, the buildings will be dismantled and re-assembled again on other sites after 18 months. The two temporary marketing suites are currently the only buildings[…]

Posted in Articles, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, news, Posts

  • Share
Kingspan

Kingspan access floors launches new finishes

Kingspan – the world’s largest manufacturer, supplier, and installer of raised access floor solutions – is launching a new range of architectural floor finishes at London Build 2018.

Posted in Articles, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Exhibitions and Conferences, Floors, Innovations & New Products, Posts, Timber Buildings and Timber Products

  • Share
Vetrotech

Vetrotech Saint-Gobain Environmental Product Declaration helps specifiers

Continuing its drive to become a key partner in sustainable construction schemes, Vetrotech Saint-Gobain has issued an Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) for its Contraflam 30 range.

Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Glass, Posts, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency

  • Share
FLIR

Added value thermal imaging with FLIR

Inspired Villages has specified a range of Metsä Wood’s pre-fabricated timber components to construct temporary marketing suites for its new luxury retirement developments. As 70 percent of the materials are recyclable, the buildings will be dismantled and re-assembled again on other sites after 18 months. The two temporary marketing suites are currently the only buildings[…]

Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Information Technology, Innovations & New Products, Posts, Thermal Imaging and Monitors

  • Share