Self-Build planning, healthy housing, eco schools and new products
BLOG from Howard Chapman, Editor of Buildingtalk
Follow Buildingtalk on Twitter and subscribe the Buildingtalk newsletter
I begin with news that people are literally being blown-away by the latest skyscraper designs get the science behind the wind effect that means people andamp; trucks are being blown over by downdraught.
Buildingtalk offers the latest guidelines on how to get planning permission for Self-Build homes; a film about a career in Architectural Technology; plus our Video of the Week demos a new flexible firestopping solution.
- Book of the Week: new handbook with step-by-step guidance to staircase construction
- New automatic sliding door from DORMA
- Offsite Awards celebrate best in design and delivery [image]
- New handbook offers step-by-step guidance to staircase construction
- Brett Martin polycarbonate glazing at Jaguar Land Rover
- Polyflor tiles for a tattoo studio;
- Johnstones anti-corrosive paint protection for the NEC;
- Assa Abloys master key provides data protection for hospitals
- Air conditioning for a London landmark building from Space Air
And congratulations to Rowans Primary School for winning Mitsubishi Electric Eco School competition
- Invitation on LinkedIn to join me in Paris at Batimat, the worlds top construction show
- Living wage and other rabbits out of the Summer Budget bag
- More budget feedback on Talk.Build
The Forth Bridge in Scotland has been awarded World Heritage Site status. It is a masterpiece of engineering and gets my vote as the most beautiful bridge in the world. Email me your favourite bridge and photo if you have one.
READ MORE BLOGS