The doors of Futurebuild 2020 open today – the three day event, which takes place at ExCeL London, will unite industry through a common purpose of finding tangible solutions to the biggest issues facing the built environment.
Innovation is the key to solving these issues and Futurebuild 2020 is bringing together the world’s most forward-thinking brands to do just that. Here we give you 20 reasons you cannot miss Futurebuild 2020.
Introducing the event’s Innovation Partners – leading companies across the built environment who are delivering solutions to the biggest issues facing industry:
1) Leading the charge are the partners of the UKRI (UK Research and Innovation) Transforming Construction Challenge partners, who are the event’s Lead Innovation Partner.
Coming together at an event for the first time, these organisations want to ensure we build safer, healthier, more affordable, more energy efficient buildings which deliver better outcomes for those who use them and for wider society. Visitors can find out more in the Innovation Lounge.
2) Pedal the industry towards a sustainable future with a cycle on the Kingspan smoothie bike. Discover how you could contribute to creating a healthy built environment through its Planet Passionate programme.
3) Ford will showcase the science behind electrification technology and reducing CO2 emissions. Visitors can discover interactive experiences that visualise the future of Clean Air Zones.
4) Introducing the UK’s first ready mixed concrete that is a CarbonNeutral® product. The Vertua® low carbon concrete range from CEMEX includes the option to offset residual carbon dioxide and provide a CarbonNeutral product, in accordance with The CarbonNeutral Protocol.
5) Head to the ACO Technologies stand to experience their latest innovation ACO Blue Roofs. This game changer allows a roof to drain slowly in normal circumstances, but quickly in extreme weather conditions.
6) Forterra is bringing SureBrick, the next generation brick slip system, to Futurebuild 2020. The clay brick slip façade system is extensively tested and fully non-combustible with no compromise on performance or design.
7) Geberit will be tackling the issue of reducing sanitary noise through its full package of acoustically optimised solutions including behind-the-wall installation frames and cisterns, drainage pipe and wall-hung bathroom ceramics.
8) If you are interested in how to deliver an increase in the performance of rollformed profiles, the Hadley Group stand is a must visit. The manufacturer will be showcasing UltraBOSS™ is own innovative, patented technology.
9) Market leading developments across security and light control, heat control and ventilation take centre stage at Internorm including the brand’s collaboration with Loxone, Smart Home Technology.
10) Kochwerk Contract Kitchens and Wardrobes, along with Fischer and Paykel, will showcase the latest technology, materials and finishes which offer a range of fit-out solutions for contractors and developers.
11) Concrete is evolving and innovating to deliver a sustainable, net zero carbon built environment. Visit mpa The Concrete Centre’s stand for a mix of physical exhibits and video that showcase this progress.
12) Prepare for the launch of Lumi-Plugin Generation 2. The revolutionary downlight combines LED lighting with various plugins such as concealed sprinkler systems, smoke alarms, heat alarms, CO alarms, air ventilation, PIR sensors and emergency lighting.
13) Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) brings you Future Installer – a brand new feature within the Energy section. Head there to explore how the full spectrum of renewable energy products and services rolled out by qualified installers will contribute to smarter, low carbon homes and communities.
14) The UK’s leading supplier of aluminium windows and door systems, Smart Systems, will showcase its latest innovations including its all-new interior screen and walk on roof system for contractors and architects.
15) Renson will be exhibiting its ventilation solutions that aim to provide all inhabitants with healthy air quality as well as its solutions to combat overheating whether residentially or commercially.
16) Introducing STEICOelements – which provides fully-constructed, wood-based, building cassette systems that make on-site assembly of walls, floors and roofs, fast and affordable. Visit STEICO and help with its mission to encourage the whole construction supply chain to think differently about the way we all build healthily and sustainably.
17) The answer to how to modulate airflow rates according to the needs of residential and office buildings can be found on the Aereco stand. The brand will showcase its new ranges of MEV (mechanical extract ventilation) and MVHR (mechanical ventilation with heat recovery) with smart demand control options.
18) Interested in how to deliver Zero Carbon Heat, Cooling & Electricity solutions? Visit Photonomi to find out more about HONE which serves energy sectors with products and technologies devoted to energy sustainability.
19) Don’t miss 540 WORLD, a partnership from Cradle to Cradle® design innovators. It brings together over 30 C2C certified products available in the UK.
20) Exploring how to accelerate the transformation of the UK’s energy system and making sure UK businesses and consumers capture the opportunities of clean growth will be the focus of the Energy Systems Catapult stand. This whole systems view is exactly what’s needed as we prepare for a Net Zero economy.
Although it may be a lot to take in, Futurebuild has created a handy Innovation Trail to guide you through all its partners.
What’s more, if you tap your visitor badge on the touchpoint at each stand, you could win a Brompton bike.
There are a range of initiatives that are encouraging manufacturers and specifiers to think about how they work and the products they use – one manufacturer championing these is Danish wood wool panel manufacturer Troldtekt.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Building Systems, Research & Materials Testing, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency, Timber Buildings and Timber Products, Walls, Wooden products
Hush Acoustics make the argument, in this article, that the COVID-19 pandemic has made us rethink whether our homes are fit for purpose…Posted in Acoustics, Noise & Vibration Control, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Ceilings, Floors, Interior Design & Construction, Interiors, news, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Walls
REHAU has announced the extension of an exclusive stormwater management deal with Hydro International for the UK and Ireland.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Building Services, Drainage Services, Drainage, Guttering, Soffits & Fascias, Posts
Sandtex Trade’s X-Treme X-Posure® masonry paint has helped transform a 100-year-old warehouse into both an atmospheric furniture store and a cosy new coffee shop.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Case Studies, Damp & Waterproofing, Interior Design & Construction, Interiors, Paints, Paints, Coatings & Finishes, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation