Acoustic professionals gathered in the Midlands for an annual event, organised by ANC, that showcases excellence in their industry.
Projects across a range of environments were recognised at the Acoustic Awards, organised by the Association of Noise Consultants, held at the Hyatt Regency in Birmingham.
For six years, ANC, the voice of professional consultancy in acoustics, noise and vibration, has held the awards for UK acoustic consultants.
This year, the awards showcased the skills of members across five categories, with an award also given at the evening event for the best presentation of an award entry, judged by delegates at the ANC conference, which took place earlier in the day.
The winners were presented by Dr Hugh Hunt, Reader in Engineering Dynamics and Vibration at the University of Cambridge.
The winners were:
• WINNER: Clarke Saunders Associates – Quadrant 4
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Adrian James Acoustics – Nur Alem Pavilion
• COMMENDED: Arup – Royal Academy of Music
• COMMENDED: Hoare Lea – Outer Space Project
• WINNER: Hoare Lea – Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Apex Acoustics – The National Centre for the Written Word
• COMMENDED: WSP – New River College Pupil Referral Unit and The Bridge Integrated Learning Space
• WINNER: Southdowns Environmental Consultants – Crossrail C510
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Temple Group with FLO – Northern Line Extension
• COMMENDED: Arup – Forth Replacement Crossing
• WINNER: Atkins
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: AECOM
• COMMENDED: Apex Acoustics
• WINNER: Bureau Veritas – Sidac Sports and Social Club
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: RBA Acoustics – Lyall Mews – Site Enclosure
• WINNER: Adrian James Acoustics
A distinguished panel of judges, consisting of academics and professionals, as well as representatives from the sponsor companies, scrutinised the national and international entries.
Robert Osborne, of ANC, commented: “The awards recognise world-leading expertise in our industry.
“They show how ANC members lead the way to improve acoustics for the whole of society and promote high standards and good practice in the industry.
“We are very grateful to our sponsors and judges for their support.”
Newton Waterproofing Systems are pleased to announce the Newton Specification Partnership (NSP), which was formed this year as a result of Newton’s desire to improve the process of designing and specifying waterproofing systems.Posted in Articles, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Continuing Professional Development (CPD's), Damp & Waterproofing, Innovations & New Products, Posts, Retrofit & Renovation
Safeguard Europe’s Dryzone high-performance plasters collection is a range of breathable modern plasters designed to stop salt migration and aid drying on damp walls.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Damp & Waterproofing, Render, Retrofit & Renovation, Walls
For premises looking to secure rooms in busy public spaces, such as commercial offices, healthcare buildings and retail environments, Code Handle® from ASSA ABLOY Door Hardware provides a stylish, secure and easy-to-fit solution.Posted in Access Control & Door Entry Systems, Architectural Ironmongery, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Doors, Health & Safety, Retrofit & Renovation, Security and Fire Protection
Grove Road Community Primary School, one of Harrogate’s oldest schools, has recently refurbished its main reception using a selection of high-performance paint solutions and an attractive heritage colour scheme from Crown Trade.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Case Studies, Interior Design & Construction, Interiors, Paints, Coatings & Finishes, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation