Acoustic professionals gathered in the Midlands for an annual event, organised by ANC, that showcases excellence in their industry.
Projects across a range of environments were recognised at the Acoustic Awards, organised by the Association of Noise Consultants, held at the Hyatt Regency in Birmingham.
For six years, ANC, the voice of professional consultancy in acoustics, noise and vibration, has held the awards for UK acoustic consultants.
This year, the awards showcased the skills of members across five categories, with an award also given at the evening event for the best presentation of an award entry, judged by delegates at the ANC conference, which took place earlier in the day.
The winners were presented by Dr Hugh Hunt, Reader in Engineering Dynamics and Vibration at the University of Cambridge.
The winners were:
• WINNER: Clarke Saunders Associates – Quadrant 4
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Adrian James Acoustics – Nur Alem Pavilion
• COMMENDED: Arup – Royal Academy of Music
• COMMENDED: Hoare Lea – Outer Space Project
• WINNER: Hoare Lea – Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Apex Acoustics – The National Centre for the Written Word
• COMMENDED: WSP – New River College Pupil Referral Unit and The Bridge Integrated Learning Space
• WINNER: Southdowns Environmental Consultants – Crossrail C510
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Temple Group with FLO – Northern Line Extension
• COMMENDED: Arup – Forth Replacement Crossing
• WINNER: Atkins
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: AECOM
• COMMENDED: Apex Acoustics
• WINNER: Bureau Veritas – Sidac Sports and Social Club
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: RBA Acoustics – Lyall Mews – Site Enclosure
• WINNER: Adrian James Acoustics
A distinguished panel of judges, consisting of academics and professionals, as well as representatives from the sponsor companies, scrutinised the national and international entries.
Robert Osborne, of ANC, commented: “The awards recognise world-leading expertise in our industry.
“They show how ANC members lead the way to improve acoustics for the whole of society and promote high standards and good practice in the industry.
“We are very grateful to our sponsors and judges for their support.”
Pilkington United Kingdom Limited, part of the NSG Group, has won Commercial Project of the Year in the G19 Awards with its installation at Slimming World’s HQ.Posted in Articles, Awards, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Case Studies, Facades, Glass, Glass Projects, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Walls, Windows
Industry-leading ventilation company, Vent-Axia, has launched a new app providing comprehensive product information at the touch of a button.Posted in Air Conditioning, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Services, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Information Technology, Innovations & New Products
This article explores a study that shows how soffit savings can be made with Kingspan Insulation.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Drainage, Guttering, Soffits & Fascias, Insulation, Posts, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency, Walls
Enfield Speciality Doors is opening its doors to specifiers, surveyors, contractors, commercial fit-out companies and facilities managers.Posted in Articles, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Doors, Health & Safety, Posts, Research & Materials Testing, Security and Fire Protection