Acoustic professionals gathered in the Midlands for an annual event, organised by ANC, that showcases excellence in their industry.
Projects across a range of environments were recognised at the Acoustic Awards, organised by the Association of Noise Consultants, held at the Hyatt Regency in Birmingham.
For six years, ANC, the voice of professional consultancy in acoustics, noise and vibration, has held the awards for UK acoustic consultants.
This year, the awards showcased the skills of members across five categories, with an award also given at the evening event for the best presentation of an award entry, judged by delegates at the ANC conference, which took place earlier in the day.
The winners were presented by Dr Hugh Hunt, Reader in Engineering Dynamics and Vibration at the University of Cambridge.
The winners were:
• WINNER: Clarke Saunders Associates – Quadrant 4
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Adrian James Acoustics – Nur Alem Pavilion
• COMMENDED: Arup – Royal Academy of Music
• COMMENDED: Hoare Lea – Outer Space Project
• WINNER: Hoare Lea – Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Apex Acoustics – The National Centre for the Written Word
• COMMENDED: WSP – New River College Pupil Referral Unit and The Bridge Integrated Learning Space
• WINNER: Southdowns Environmental Consultants – Crossrail C510
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Temple Group with FLO – Northern Line Extension
• COMMENDED: Arup – Forth Replacement Crossing
• WINNER: Atkins
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: AECOM
• COMMENDED: Apex Acoustics
• WINNER: Bureau Veritas – Sidac Sports and Social Club
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: RBA Acoustics – Lyall Mews – Site Enclosure
• WINNER: Adrian James Acoustics
A distinguished panel of judges, consisting of academics and professionals, as well as representatives from the sponsor companies, scrutinised the national and international entries.
Robert Osborne, of ANC, commented: “The awards recognise world-leading expertise in our industry.
“They show how ANC members lead the way to improve acoustics for the whole of society and promote high standards and good practice in the industry.
“We are very grateful to our sponsors and judges for their support.”
An elongated pyramid rooflight by Glazing Vision was recently chosen to provide essential daylight and enhance visual interest in a listed Norfolk dwelling.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Glass, Posts, Roofs, Windows
Saint-Gobain Weber are setting a challenge for thousands of builders attending this year’s UK Construction Week – spot which façade is not made with traditional bricks.Posted in Articles, Bricks & Blocks, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Competitions, Exhibitions and Conferences, Posts
In a world where many electronic access systems offer greater convenience and flexibility than mechanical keys, what can really make the difference? ASSA ABLOY has the answer…Posted in Access Control & Door Entry Systems, Articles, Building Industry News, Health & Safety, Information Technology, Posts, Security and Fire Protection
The proven and well established T CARDS DIRECT task management system will be showcased at the UK Construction Week/Build Tech Expo – 8 to 10 October at the NEC, Stand BT645.Posted in Articles, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Exhibitions and Conferences, Facility Management & Building Services, Information Technology, Innovations & New Products, Posts