Acoustic professionals gathered in the Midlands for an annual event, organised by ANC, that showcases excellence in their industry.
Projects across a range of environments were recognised at the Acoustic Awards, organised by the Association of Noise Consultants, held at the Hyatt Regency in Birmingham.
For six years, ANC, the voice of professional consultancy in acoustics, noise and vibration, has held the awards for UK acoustic consultants.
This year, the awards showcased the skills of members across five categories, with an award also given at the evening event for the best presentation of an award entry, judged by delegates at the ANC conference, which took place earlier in the day.
The winners were presented by Dr Hugh Hunt, Reader in Engineering Dynamics and Vibration at the University of Cambridge.
The winners were:
• WINNER: Clarke Saunders Associates – Quadrant 4
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Adrian James Acoustics – Nur Alem Pavilion
• COMMENDED: Arup – Royal Academy of Music
• COMMENDED: Hoare Lea – Outer Space Project
• WINNER: Hoare Lea – Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Apex Acoustics – The National Centre for the Written Word
• COMMENDED: WSP – New River College Pupil Referral Unit and The Bridge Integrated Learning Space
• WINNER: Southdowns Environmental Consultants – Crossrail C510
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Temple Group with FLO – Northern Line Extension
• COMMENDED: Arup – Forth Replacement Crossing
• WINNER: Atkins
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: AECOM
• COMMENDED: Apex Acoustics
• WINNER: Bureau Veritas – Sidac Sports and Social Club
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: RBA Acoustics – Lyall Mews – Site Enclosure
• WINNER: Adrian James Acoustics
A distinguished panel of judges, consisting of academics and professionals, as well as representatives from the sponsor companies, scrutinised the national and international entries.
Robert Osborne, of ANC, commented: “The awards recognise world-leading expertise in our industry.
“They show how ANC members lead the way to improve acoustics for the whole of society and promote high standards and good practice in the industry.
“We are very grateful to our sponsors and judges for their support.”
Two natural roofing slates from CUPA PIZARRAS have been assessed and certified by BRE Global, the expert in Life Cycle Assessment.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Information Technology, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Roofs
Unique modular quartz surface specialist, Maxtop Quartz, has revealed the next generation of its one-of-a-kind worktops.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Innovations & New Products, Interiors, Kitchens, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation
Congrid, the Finnish construction quality and safety software company, has announced its expansion into the UK and the appointment of Daniel Hunt as UK territory manager.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Health & Safety, Information Technology, Innovations & New Products, Posts, Recruitment, Security and Fire Protection, Site Preparation
Pilkington United Kingdom Ltd, part of the NSG Group, has invested over £3 million in new technology to increase its capacity to manufacture Pilkington Planar™Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Glass, Glazing, Innovations & New Products, Plant, Equipment and Hire, Posts, Power Tools, Windows