With temperatures dropping (and fast), the first frosts have started to hit – here are six tips for gardeners from EverEdge.
1. Get the protective wrappings in place. This should be done at the very first sign of frost to prevent damage. For some great advice, check out the RHS overwintering page by clicking here
2. Mulch. Mulching can reduce compaction and erosion of soil. This is particularly relevant now with the amount of heavy rain we are suffering through.
3. Drainage. Another issue with the rain we have had is drainage. Be sure to deal with drainage problems now. Wet soil can lead to the uprooting of shallow rooted trees.
4. Protect roses from windrock by pruning them down to about one-third of their height. Strong winds can loosen the roots of the roses if they are left at full height.
5. Invest in bird baths and feeders. Our feathered friends will appreciate fresh, clean water and a healthy supply of winter food. In return they will provide joy and happiness through the cold, bleak winter.
6. Install EverEdge. The ground is soft and easy to work. At the height of summer and in the depths of winter the ground is hard. Now is the time to get in the garden and sort those edges out. You will never have an easier time of it than right now.
93 The Lloyd,
Phone: 01453 731717
Geometrically-shaped with many facets, the roofs of Thorpepark Academy in Hull now have a guaranteed extra 20 years of life after being fitted with a cost-effective overlay system devised by AHR consultants and BMI.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Case Studies, Insulation, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Roofs
The GGF recently attended the Government Work Stream on RMI (Repair Maintenance and Improvement) and raised several issues on behalf of GGF Members and the wider industry.Posted in Articles, Building Associations & Institutes, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Glass, Glazing, news, Posts, Windows
Leading construction and infrastructure player Aggregate Industries completed the surfacing works ahead of schedule on the M23 smart motorway project.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Case Studies, Civil Engineering, Concrete, Cement, Admixtures, Hard Landscaping & Walkways, Landscaping, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation
Installers using TommyTrinder.com’s pioneering sales and visualisation app have given its support service a 5-star average rating.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Information Technology, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Windows