With temperatures dropping (and fast), the first frosts have started to hit – here are six tips for gardeners from EverEdge.
1. Get the protective wrappings in place. This should be done at the very first sign of frost to prevent damage. For some great advice, check out the RHS overwintering page by clicking here
2. Mulch. Mulching can reduce compaction and erosion of soil. This is particularly relevant now with the amount of heavy rain we are suffering through.
3. Drainage. Another issue with the rain we have had is drainage. Be sure to deal with drainage problems now. Wet soil can lead to the uprooting of shallow rooted trees.
4. Protect roses from windrock by pruning them down to about one-third of their height. Strong winds can loosen the roots of the roses if they are left at full height.
5. Invest in bird baths and feeders. Our feathered friends will appreciate fresh, clean water and a healthy supply of winter food. In return they will provide joy and happiness through the cold, bleak winter.
6. Install EverEdge. The ground is soft and easy to work. At the height of summer and in the depths of winter the ground is hard. Now is the time to get in the garden and sort those edges out. You will never have an easier time of it than right now.
93 The Lloyd,
Phone: 01453 731717
The latest figures from the Builders Merchant Building Index (BMBI), published in September, reveal builders’ merchants’ value sales were down -0.4% in July, in comparison to the same month in 2022.Posted in Air Conditioning, Articles, Bathrooms & Toilets, Bathrooms, Bedrooms & Washrooms, Bricks & Blocks, Building Associations & Institutes, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Drainage, Drainage Services, Hand Tools, Heating Systems, Controls and Management, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Interior Design & Construction, Interiors, Kitchens, news, Paints, Paints, Coatings & Finishes, Pipes, Pipes & Fittings, Plant, Equipment and Hire, Plumbing, Posts, Power Tools, Publications, Research & Materials Testing, Restoration & Refurbishment, Site Preparation, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency, Waste Management & Recycling
Faced with tighter budgets and soaring energy costs, education leaders and decision makers probably don’t have secondary glazing top of their to-do list. But an investment in installation now can lead to impressive results, as Selectaglaze explains…Posted in Acoustics, Noise & Vibration Control, Aluminium Products, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Building Systems, Glass, Glazing, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency, Windows
Russell Dean, Residential Product Group Director at Mitsubishi Electric, reacts to Prime Minister Rishi Sunak’s recent speech on Net Zero…Posted in Air Conditioning, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Building Services, Health & Safety, Heating Systems, Controls and Management, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, news, Site Preparation, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency, Waste Management & Recycling
DensDeck® Roof Boards were specified as flat roof recovery boards for the roof refurbishment on the Caterpillar facility in Desford, Leicestershire.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Case Studies, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Roofs