With temperatures dropping (and fast), the first frosts have started to hit – here are six tips for gardeners from EverEdge.
1. Get the protective wrappings in place. This should be done at the very first sign of frost to prevent damage. For some great advice, check out the RHS overwintering page by clicking here
2. Mulch. Mulching can reduce compaction and erosion of soil. This is particularly relevant now with the amount of heavy rain we are suffering through.
3. Drainage. Another issue with the rain we have had is drainage. Be sure to deal with drainage problems now. Wet soil can lead to the uprooting of shallow rooted trees.
4. Protect roses from windrock by pruning them down to about one-third of their height. Strong winds can loosen the roots of the roses if they are left at full height.
5. Invest in bird baths and feeders. Our feathered friends will appreciate fresh, clean water and a healthy supply of winter food. In return they will provide joy and happiness through the cold, bleak winter.
6. Install EverEdge. The ground is soft and easy to work. At the height of summer and in the depths of winter the ground is hard. Now is the time to get in the garden and sort those edges out. You will never have an easier time of it than right now.
93 The Lloyd,
Phone: 01453 731717
Read about the repair and maintenance work undertaken by a member of the Steel Window Association on Bush House, part of a former broadcasting premises in LondonPosted in Architectural Ironmongery, Articles, Building Associations & Institutes, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Case Studies, Doors, Facades, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Steel and Structural Frames, Walls, Windows
This article sees Martin Fahey, Head of Sustainability at Mitsubishi Electric UK & Ireland, explored why this next decade will be pivotal in dealing with the climate crisis.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Health & Safety, news, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency, Waste Management & Recycling
Futurebuild has announced its Keynote Stages programme for the 2020 event, in what is a critical time for the built environment.Posted in Articles, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Exhibitions and Conferences, Innovations & New Products, news, Posts, Seminars
Garador has developed a new range of GaraMatic operators to automate your garage door and a new Android and ios smartphone app, called BlueSecur.Posted in Access Control & Door Entry Systems, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Doors, Information Technology, Innovations & New Products