C-TEC, leading life-safety systems manufacturer, has launched a new series of free CPD-certified training events entitled ‘Fire Alarm Systems for Domestic Dwellings’.
Ideal for anyone working in the domestic fire sector including consultants, specifiers, housing associations, installers, facilities managers, building developers and landlords, the events will be hosted at six key venues nationwide.
The events will run from 9:45 to 2:30 and are designed to…
– Give a brief overview of how domestic and commercial fire alarm systems have developed over the years.
– Discuss the legislation and standards that apply to such systems and the impact they are having today.
– Summarise the key points of and changes to BS 5839-6 2019 : The code of practice for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of domestic fire alarm systems.
– Explore if ‘Stay Put’ is still a safe policy to deploy for evacuating a building during a fire.
– Outline a new approach to fire alarm systems for purpose-built flats and apartments with multiple advantages that can help make strategies such as stay put/defend-in-place safer.
Upon completion, attendees will receive a CPD certificate worth three hours of CPD points. Refreshments and a buffet lunch will be provided.
Andy Green, C-TEC’s Marketing Manager, commented: “Our new CPD events are suitable for anyone interested in the latest developments in domestic fire detection and alarm technology and the recent changes to BS 5839-6.
“Demand is expected to be high so we would advise anyone who is interested to register their interest quickly.”
All of C-TEC’s CPD (Continuing Professional Development) seminars have been assessed by independent experts as being suitable for an intermediate audience, meaning both novices and experienced participants are likely to benefit.
To reserve your free place (subject to availability), click here
Phone +44 (0) 1942 322744
Fax +44 (0) 1942 829867
Crawley-based ventilation manufacturer Vent-Axia supplied 50 EuroSeries (ESP) fans to support the development of the new NHS Nightingale Hospital at London ExCeL.Posted in Air Conditioning, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Services, Case Studies, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, news, Posts, Retrofit & Renovation
Delta Membranes has been named as a finalist in the Innovation of the Year category at the National Building and Construction Awards 2020.Posted in Articles, Awards, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Damp & Waterproofing, Innovations & New Products, Membranes, Posts, Walls
Wojciech Brozyna, MD of Aluprof UK, looks at facade design, stick curtain wall and building movement.Posted in Aluminium Products, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Curtain Walling, Facades, Glazing, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Walls, Windows
EverEdge has been singing the praises of Twitter, amidst these unprecedented times, explaining how it provides a great platform for the company to keep in touch with its customers.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Garden, Information Technology, Landscaping, news, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation