Window and door installers in Scotland can now take advantage of a free recycling service for their old, post-use windows and doors, which are removed as part of replacement projects, when buying their new products from CMS Trade.
The East Kilbride based company is the new trade window and door division of CMS Window Systems, who have been at the forefront of ‘closed-loop’ recycling in the window industry since their inception in 2006.
By setting itself up from the outset with a complete in-house waste collection, separation and recycling operation, CMS is perfectly placed to take post-use windows and doors from CMS Trade customers, whether these are timber, aluminium or PVCu frames, helping them to save hundreds of pounds every year on waste disposal costs.
The Scottish Landfill Tax (SLfT) standard rate is currently £91.35 per tonne, which is why local authorities are required to charge commercial customers (as well as householders through taxation), and this can amount to a significant cost to installers over the course of a year.
But, in addition to boosting the bottom line for installers, CMS Trade’s recycling service is an important selling point for homeowners and commercial customers, who are increasingly seeking assurances that recycling is being undertaken wherever possible in the supply chain for building works.
Operating from a new 25,000 square foot factory, purpose-designed to manufacture high quality trade windows and doors for today’s market, CMS Trade provides a complete range of products using both Eurocell and REHAU PVCu systems, plus composite doors.
As the free recycling service demonstrates, CMS Trade is combining an extensive and attractive range of custom made windows and doors with customer service that will help installers be more competitive, including quality assurance, good lead times and remakes in just 24 hours.
Colin Torley, General Manager at CMS Trade, commented: “Recycling has become routine in our daily lives and, with the award winning facilities and processes we have in-house, there is no reason why post-use windows and doors shouldn’t be put to good use rather than being dumped in landfill.
“For any installer seeking to reduce their costs, this service has enormous value, but don’t forget the appeal to end-customers too as the demand for suppliers to be more sustainable grows ever stronger.”
Over the last two years, CMS has diverted 100% of its waste away from landfill, with 97% being separated and sent away to respective re-processing specialists and the remaining 3% going to waste-to-energy plants to generate electricity.
In 2017 – 18, this amounted to over 2,800 tonnes of waste handled, through a unique operation which has seen CMS win numerous environmental awards, including a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2017 and a Green Apple Award last year.
Colin continued: “If you are a trade installer in central Scotland, why not come and see our recycling operations for yourself and what we are creating with CMS Trade?
“Our new factory is located at 6 Colvilles Place in East Kilbride (G75 0PZ), with our main recycling centre at Castlecary near Cumbernauld, and our door is always open for you to take a look around and meet me and the team.”
Understanding how much ‘recycled’ air is in a room can help establishments estimate the risk of infection from diseases such as COVID-19, says Tinytag…Posted in Air Conditioning, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Services, Facility Management & Building Services, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Information Technology, news, Research & Materials Testing, Site Preparation
Young offender institutions (YOI) must address the actions that are causing extensive strain on the correctional system in the UK today, explain Contour…Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Services, Facility Management & Building Services, Health & Safety, Heating Systems, Controls and Management, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Interiors, Plumbing, Retrofit & Renovation
The GGF has issued revised guidance for Home Improvement companies and sub-contractors operating in England during the current National Lockdown.Posted in Articles, Building Associations & Institutes, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Building Services, Facility Management & Building Services, Glass, Glazing, Health & Safety, Interiors, news, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Site Preparation, Windows
Exploring how the building envelope can support the reduction in energy usage can help the construction industry achieve zero-carbon buildings, says Vincent Matthews, Head of UK Marketing at SFS.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Facades, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency, Walls