Harlow MP, Rob Halfon joins local campaigner, Melissa Matthews to mark the start of Gas Safety Week.
Melissa is one of a group of women known as the CO Angels, who are each striving to raise more awareness about carbon monoxide poisoning after each losing someone special to this silent killer.
Melissa explains: Gas Safety Week reminds us all of the need to ensure our homes are gas safe. Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas. As you can’t see it, taste it or smell it, it can claim lives quickly with no warning.
Even exposure to low levels of the gas over a short amount of time can be lethal; causing long term damage to your health.
Read about the the experiences of the CO Angels.
For more information or to find a Gas Safe registered engineer visit www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.
Links above for more advice and information on Sprue’s complete range of carbon monoxide alarms including FireAngel