Recofloor, the vinyl flooring recycling scheme founded by leading flooring manufacturers Altro and Polyflor, has recognised its members’ sustainability achievements, courtesy of the 2020 Awards.
Although the scheduled Recofloor Award event at Twickenham Stadium on 25 March was cancelled, the worthy winners were named and announced via Twitter.
Praising the ‘high standard and quality’ of this year’s entries, Carla Eslava, Recofloor Scheme Manager, commented: “While we had to cancel the Recofloor Award event due to unprecedented circumstances, the Award winners were still announced to recognise those collectors who incorporate Recofloor into their day-to-day practice and have made significant achievements throughout 2019.”
“We were very pleased with the number and high standard of entries, reflecting the efforts companies had made to showcase their results.
“Our warmest congratulations to all Recofloor winners and we look forward to continue providing our members with the unique, sustainable vinyl take-back scheme that is Recofloor.”
– Contractor of the Year: S&D Flooring Ltd (highly commended: Bramhall Flooring Company Ltd)
– Distributor of the Year: SFS Flooring Supplies (highly commended – 3D Flooring Supplies, Bristol)
– Drop-off Site User of the Year: County Contract Flooring (highly commended – Darren Davies Flooring)
– Project of the Year: Bramhall Flooring Company Ltd
– Recofloor Champion: Jeff Abbott, Top Floors (East Anglia) Ltd (highly commended – Mariusz Janczewski, First Call Flooring Ltd)
– Best Newcomer: New Homes Flooring Ltd (highly commended – Kilworth Flooring)
– Brand Ambassador: First Call Flooring Ltd (highly commended – SFS Flooring Supplies)
– Longstanding Achievement: Hicks Flooring Ltd
– Outstanding Achievement: Fineweave Carpets Ltd
– Greatest Improver – 1st: Craftsman Flooring Ltd
– Greatest Improver – 2nd: Bramhall Flooring Company Ltd
– Greatest Improver – 3rd: Carpet & Flooring, Birmingham
The Winners of Gold, Silver and Bronze certificates can be found via the Recofloor website (in the opening paragraph).
Recofloor will continue to support and promote its members and all winners will receive their trophies, certificates and a goody bag through the post.
LinkedIn: Axion Group
Contact Axion: [email protected]
Rob Speke, technical academy manager at Saint-Gobain Weber, offers advice on the dos and don’ts of preparing substrates and applying floor screeds.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Floors, Interiors, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation
UPVC fascia and cladding manufacturer Kestrel is saving resources and boosting efficiency by bringing more of its tool maintenance and refurbishment in-house.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Cladding, Drainage, Guttering, Soffits & Fascias, Facility Management & Building Services, Fascias, Hand Tools, Plant, Equipment and Hire, Posts, Power Tools, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Roofs, Site Preparation, Walls
IG Masonry Support is the first masonry support manufacturer to achieve carbon neutral status and is on its way to becoming a net zero energy company.Posted in Articles, Bricks & Blocks, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Posts, Site Preparation, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency, Waste Management & Recycling
Ahmarra Door Solutions introduce AhmGuard to their product range – a seamless innovation in finger protection for fire doors.Posted in Access Control & Door Entry Systems, Architectural Ironmongery, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Doors, Health & Safety, Innovations & New Products, Security and Fire Protection, Timber Buildings and Timber Products