Schlüter-Systems Ltd has launched a brand-new RIBA Approved CPD, which offers an overview of the factors to bear in mind when specifying tile and stone.
The new CPD has been developed based on feedback from Schlüter’s specification experts as to the needs of their architects in the field. The ‘Considerations for Tile and Stone Installations’ CPD delivers key insight for those who are new to working with these popular materials, or who would like to update their knowledge base.
– The differences involved in specifying for wet vs. dry areas and walls vs. floors
– Classifications and ratings for tile and stone coverings, substrate preparation etc
– Why and how to specify tile fixing in conformance with British Standards
– How to prevent problems by specifying the correct support beneath the surface
– What to consider in setting an appropriate cleaning and maintenance schedule
With tile and stone being used across many areas – from bathrooms and kitchens, to foyers, balconies and more – the information shared in the new CPD forms the foundation of a valuable bank of knowledge for architects and specifiers. In-line with RIBA requirements, running time for the CPD is just 45 – 60 minutes, and the seminar is delivered at architects’ and specifiers’ offices at their offices and convenience.
– Specifying Integrated Wetroom and Waterproofing Systems
– Specifying Integrated Underfloor Heating Systems
– Specifying Solutions for Crack-Free Tile and Stone Coverings
– Specifying External Applications with Tile and Stone
Visit the website for more information about ‘Considerations for Tile and Stone Installations’ or any of Schlüter’s other CPD seminars.
Units 3-5 Bardon 22
This piece from Hush Acoustics looks at how you can eradicate the torture of upstairs’ creaky floors and impact noise.Posted in Acoustics, Noise & Vibration Control, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Floors, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation
EJOT UK has been highly commended at the prestigious INCA Awards, the renowned annual awards programme for the external wall insulation sector.Posted in Articles, Awards, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Posts, Retrofit & Renovation, Walls
Filtering access into and through any education institution is a formidable task. Diverse user groups have contrasting needs, from senior management teams to cleaners, IT staff to students, as ASSA ABLOY explore here.Posted in Access Control & Door Entry Systems, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Case Studies, Doors, Health & Safety, Information Technology, Innovations & New Products, Retrofit & Renovation, Security and Fire Protection
Watching a TV programme has spurred a Cornwall roofing contractor into action, to give something back to society, in partnership with Hambleside Danelaw.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Case Studies, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Roofs