Schlüter-Systems Ltd has launched a brand-new RIBA Approved CPD, which offers an overview of the factors to bear in mind when specifying tile and stone.
The new CPD has been developed based on feedback from Schlüter’s specification experts as to the needs of their architects in the field. The ‘Considerations for Tile and Stone Installations’ CPD delivers key insight for those who are new to working with these popular materials, or who would like to update their knowledge base.
– The differences involved in specifying for wet vs. dry areas and walls vs. floors
– Classifications and ratings for tile and stone coverings, substrate preparation etc
– Why and how to specify tile fixing in conformance with British Standards
– How to prevent problems by specifying the correct support beneath the surface
– What to consider in setting an appropriate cleaning and maintenance schedule
With tile and stone being used across many areas – from bathrooms and kitchens, to foyers, balconies and more – the information shared in the new CPD forms the foundation of a valuable bank of knowledge for architects and specifiers. In-line with RIBA requirements, running time for the CPD is just 45 – 60 minutes, and the seminar is delivered at architects’ and specifiers’ offices at their offices and convenience.
– Specifying Integrated Wetroom and Waterproofing Systems
– Specifying Integrated Underfloor Heating Systems
– Specifying Solutions for Crack-Free Tile and Stone Coverings
– Specifying External Applications with Tile and Stone
Visit the website for more information about ‘Considerations for Tile and Stone Installations’ or any of Schlüter’s other CPD seminars.
Units 3-5 Bardon 22
New guidance jointly produced by the Guild of Architectural Ironmongers (GAI) and FIS is designed to help manage the transition back to the workplace.Posted in Architectural Ironmongery, Articles, Building Associations & Institutes, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Building Services, Doors, Facility Management & Building Services, Health & Safety, Innovations & New Products, Interior Design & Construction, Interiors, news, Publications, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Site Preparation
Keystone Lintels provides a range of innovative, prefabricated brickwork solutions as part of the restoration and conversion of a series of barns into new homes along with the creation of nine new build houses.Posted in Articles, Bricks & Blocks, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Case Studies, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Steel and Structural Frames, Walls
James Latham Ltd expands its Irish service offer following the opening of a bulk timber distribution business just outside Dublin.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Building Systems, Innovations & New Products, Interiors, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Timber Buildings and Timber Products, Wooden products