Schlüter-Systems Ltd has launched a brand-new RIBA Approved CPD, which offers an overview of the factors to bear in mind when specifying tile and stone.
The new CPD has been developed based on feedback from Schlüter’s specification experts as to the needs of their architects in the field. The ‘Considerations for Tile and Stone Installations’ CPD delivers key insight for those who are new to working with these popular materials, or who would like to update their knowledge base.
– The differences involved in specifying for wet vs. dry areas and walls vs. floors
– Classifications and ratings for tile and stone coverings, substrate preparation etc
– Why and how to specify tile fixing in conformance with British Standards
– How to prevent problems by specifying the correct support beneath the surface
– What to consider in setting an appropriate cleaning and maintenance schedule
With tile and stone being used across many areas – from bathrooms and kitchens, to foyers, balconies and more – the information shared in the new CPD forms the foundation of a valuable bank of knowledge for architects and specifiers. In-line with RIBA requirements, running time for the CPD is just 45 – 60 minutes, and the seminar is delivered at architects’ and specifiers’ offices at their offices and convenience.
– Specifying Integrated Wetroom and Waterproofing Systems
– Specifying Integrated Underfloor Heating Systems
– Specifying Solutions for Crack-Free Tile and Stone Coverings
– Specifying External Applications with Tile and Stone
Visit the website for more information about ‘Considerations for Tile and Stone Installations’ or any of Schlüter’s other CPD seminars.
Units 3-5 Bardon 22
This article from Kiwa looks at how protecting buildings from water, sub-soil gases and harmful substances in the ground can be achieved through a variety of membranes.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Building Services, Concrete, Cement, Admixtures, Damp & Waterproofing, Floors, Membranes, Posts, Research & Materials Testing
Paul Berry has been appointed as dedicated Specification Sales Manager for Geberit in the Midlands.Posted in Articles, Bathrooms, Bedrooms & Washrooms, Building Industry News, Interiors, Posts, Recruitment
The recent Glass Performance Days in Tampere proved insightful and enjoyable for the GGF and Members alike, with more than 1,000 worldwide delegates participating.Posted in Articles, Building Associations & Institutes, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Exhibitions and Conferences, Glass, Glazing, Posts
Rinnai continuous flow hot water heating units have replaced a vastly oversized and almost redundant traditional style of system at the Coombe Hay Care Home in Scarborough.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Services, Case Studies, Heating Systems, Controls and Management, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Plumbing, Posts, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency