Schlüter-Systems Ltd has launched a brand-new RIBA Approved CPD, which offers an overview of the factors to bear in mind when specifying tile and stone.
The new CPD has been developed based on feedback from Schlüter’s specification experts as to the needs of their architects in the field. The ‘Considerations for Tile and Stone Installations’ CPD delivers key insight for those who are new to working with these popular materials, or who would like to update their knowledge base.
– The differences involved in specifying for wet vs. dry areas and walls vs. floors
– Classifications and ratings for tile and stone coverings, substrate preparation etc
– Why and how to specify tile fixing in conformance with British Standards
– How to prevent problems by specifying the correct support beneath the surface
– What to consider in setting an appropriate cleaning and maintenance schedule
With tile and stone being used across many areas – from bathrooms and kitchens, to foyers, balconies and more – the information shared in the new CPD forms the foundation of a valuable bank of knowledge for architects and specifiers. In-line with RIBA requirements, running time for the CPD is just 45 – 60 minutes, and the seminar is delivered at architects’ and specifiers’ offices at their offices and convenience.
– Specifying Integrated Wetroom and Waterproofing Systems
– Specifying Integrated Underfloor Heating Systems
– Specifying Solutions for Crack-Free Tile and Stone Coverings
– Specifying External Applications with Tile and Stone
Visit the website for more information about ‘Considerations for Tile and Stone Installations’ or any of Schlüter’s other CPD seminars.
Units 3-5 Bardon 22
Newton products were recently used at London’s famous Tower Bridge to prevent damp at the Bridge’s Master’s Quarters.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Damp & Waterproofing, Posts
For a small physiotherapy practice, keeping track of mechanical keys can be a tiresome task; however, there is a solution: the Code Handle PIN lock from ASSA ABLOY.Posted in Access Control & Door Entry Systems, Articles, Building Industry News, Case Studies, Health & Safety, Information Technology, Innovations & New Products, Posts, Security and Fire Protection
Kestrel has announced the appointment of a new business development manager for South Wales and the Midlands, Lindsay Haines.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Posts, Recruitment, Roofs
IG Lintels has announced Tom Atkinson’s ‘Villa Trio’ as the winner of its IG/RIBAJ competition, ‘Spanning Suburbia’.Posted in Articles, Bricks & Blocks, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Posts, Steel and Structural Frames, Windows