If you are in the flooring supply chain and are committed to diverting waste from landfill and reducing carbon dioxide emissions, then entering the Recofloor Awards will be for you!
The Recofloor Awards are unique in recognising and rewarding the sustainability efforts of companies of all sizes and individuals across the vinyl flooring sector, who embrace the environmental ethos of the national vinyl take-back scheme.
Entering awards such as these opens up new business and contract opportunities through a responsible approach to resource recovery.
Founded by leading flooring manufacturers Polyflor and Altro in 2009, Recofloor accepts Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT), smooth, safety and loose lay vinyl offcuts, roll ends as well as uplifted smooth and loose lay vinyl for recycling back into new Polyflor and Altro flooring products and traffic management equipment.
By next month, the scheme is forecast to have diverted a total of 5,400 tonnes of waste vinyl flooring from landfill since its inception.
– Raise your business profile: all Recofloor award winners benefit from publicity through a variety of media, ensuring that your good work is given the high profile it deserves in front of key audience
– Reward your team: winning a Recofloor award recognises the efforts of everyone in your business, in turn boosting morale and fostering engagement with the scheme’s objectives
– Receive recognition from your customers and win more business: a Recofloor award demonstrates your commitment to sustainability, acting as a ‘selling tool’ to win more business
– Demonstrate your sustainability credentials to the people that matter: from BREEAM to environmental requirements, being able to demonstrate your sustainability credentials matters, particularly in public sector contracts. A Recofloor Award is tangible proof of your actions, and success
– Share best practice and contribute to industry-wide change for the better: shout about your Recofloor award, how you achieved it and motivate others to take part in the sustainability journey
– A chance to celebrate: as others can testify, winning a Recofloor Award is cause for celebration (and a chance to network) at the annual awards event, when we can all be together again
Carla Eslava, Recofloor Scheme Manager, commented: “The Recofloor Awards are a fantastic opportunity to celebrate our members’ sustainable achievements and recognise how their year-round efforts in collecting the best quality material for recycling is really driving forward sustainability in the flooring supply chain.
“Winning a Recofloor Award is a great PR opportunity for your business. We promote the winners through social media, case studies, press releases and advertorials that showcase how their efforts are making a real difference for all the right reasons.
“Now in their tenth consecutive year, the Recofloor Awards 2021 will recognise and celebrate the significant sustainability progress being made by small, medium and large companies in the flooring sector.
“The flooring industry is taking its environmental responsibility seriously, both now and for future generations, and these Awards more than ever support these efforts. Entry is free and we invite all collectors to enter via our website until the end of February.”
Senior Architectural Systems is continuing to make its mark on its home region of South Yorkshire. This follows the completion of another high-profile scheme in Doncaster’s Cultural and Civic Quarter.Posted in Aluminium Products, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Case Studies, Curtain Walling, Doors, Facades, Glass, Glazing, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Walls, Windows
Sales of Freefoam’s extensive range of cladding have grown exponentially over the past two years. The company’s top stockist customers saw an average growth of 55% in cladding sales between 2018 and 2020.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Cladding, Facades, Fascias, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Roofs, Walls
The Specifier’s Guide to Ironmongery and Fire Safety has been published by the GAI. This is to mark the start of Fire Door Safety Week.Posted in Access Control & Door Entry Systems, Architectural Ironmongery, Articles, Building Associations & Institutes, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Continuing Professional Development (CPD's), Doors, Health & Safety, Innovations & New Products, Posts, Publications, Security and Fire Protection
Doing CPDs helps you to stay competent, efficient, and flexible in your approach as an architect, Specifier or Designer. Delta are dedicated to supporting Continual Professional Development within the waterproofing sector.Posted in Articles, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Continuing Professional Development (CPD's), Damp & Waterproofing, Facility Management & Building Services, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Seminars