LIFTEX 2022 is the UK’s only dedicated event for lifts, escalators and access products and takes place from 12 – 13 October at London’s ExCeL. It promises a unique showcase for anyone looking to source equipment or learn about implications of new regulations.
Oliver Greening, LIFTEX Show Director, explains: “LIFTEX only takes place once every three years so if you’re involved in any aspect of specifying, upgrading or installing lifts then you need to be there.
“It’s the one place in the UK where you can meet suppliers, compare products and gain advice. In addition, we’re running a series of free seminars which will tell you everything you need to know about the latest regulations and your obligations to make sure you are legally compliant and covered.”
– Revision of EN 81-20 and EN 81 family designated standards. Dave Searle, Member, LEIA Technical Committee Deputy Chairman, MHE/4, BSI Committee for Lifts, Hoists and Escalators
– The impact of digital telephone lines on lift alarms. Matthew Davies, Avire, LEIA representative, European Lift Association TELCO Working Group
– Evacuation lifts, fire and disabled people. Nick Mellor, LEIA.
– Lifts for use of the fire and rescue service. Matthew Canham, National Fire Chiefs Council, Protection Policy and Reform Unit (PPRU) Building Safety Programme (BSP).
– UKCA: product compliance and marking post-Brexit. Paul Clifton, LEIA Quality & Technical Committee.
– The London Plan & Evacuation Lifts. Adam J Scott, CIBSE Lifts Group, Chair and Codes & Standards Representative
LIFTEX 2022 takes place from 12-13 October 2022 at ExCeL, London. Registration is free at www.liftexshow.com
ROCKWOOL has been accredited with the British Board of Agrément (BBA) Agrément Certificate for its NyRock® Rainscreen 032 product.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Innovations & New Products, Insulation, Retrofit & Renovation, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency
As the UK’s implementation of sustainable and efficient district heating technology continues to lag behind other European nations, a new whitepaper from REHAU is providing technical advice.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Facility Management & Building Services, Heating Systems, Controls and Management, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Innovations & New Products, Pipes, Pipes & Fittings, Plumbing, Publications, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency
The award-winning Chapter House is a later living community of 38 homes for people over 60. Vandersanden worked closely with Procter & Matthews Architects throughout the development.Posted in Articles, Bricks & Blocks, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Case Studies, Facades, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Walls
Gilberts has risen to the challenge of delivering indoor air quality to a constantly evolving brief for a high profile, luxury hotel.Posted in Air Conditioning, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Case Studies, Facility Management & Building Services, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation