LIFTEX 2022 is the UK’s only dedicated event for lifts, escalators and access products and takes place from 12 – 13 October at London’s ExCeL. It promises a unique showcase for anyone looking to source equipment or learn about implications of new regulations.
Oliver Greening, LIFTEX Show Director, explains: “LIFTEX only takes place once every three years so if you’re involved in any aspect of specifying, upgrading or installing lifts then you need to be there.
“It’s the one place in the UK where you can meet suppliers, compare products and gain advice. In addition, we’re running a series of free seminars which will tell you everything you need to know about the latest regulations and your obligations to make sure you are legally compliant and covered.”
– Revision of EN 81-20 and EN 81 family designated standards. Dave Searle, Member, LEIA Technical Committee Deputy Chairman, MHE/4, BSI Committee for Lifts, Hoists and Escalators
– The impact of digital telephone lines on lift alarms. Matthew Davies, Avire, LEIA representative, European Lift Association TELCO Working Group
– Evacuation lifts, fire and disabled people. Nick Mellor, LEIA.
– Lifts for use of the fire and rescue service. Matthew Canham, National Fire Chiefs Council, Protection Policy and Reform Unit (PPRU) Building Safety Programme (BSP).
– UKCA: product compliance and marking post-Brexit. Paul Clifton, LEIA Quality & Technical Committee.
– The London Plan & Evacuation Lifts. Adam J Scott, CIBSE Lifts Group, Chair and Codes & Standards Representative
LIFTEX 2022 takes place from 12-13 October 2022 at ExCeL, London. Registration is free at www.liftexshow.com
The developer behind a Victorian mill conversion in West Yorkshire has achieved superior levels of sound insulation for the building’s separating walls, floors and ceilings through a range bespoke sound insulation systems and products from Hush Acoustics.Posted in Acoustics, Noise & Vibration Control, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Regulations & Accreditations, Building Services, Ceilings, Facility Management & Building Services, Floors, Heating Systems, Controls and Management, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Insulation, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Walls
VinylPlus®, the European PVC industry’s Commitment to Sustainable Development, takes note of the publication of the European Chemicals Agency’s (ECHA) Investigation Report on PVC and its Additives.Posted in Articles, Building Associations & Institutes, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Floors, Publications, Research & Materials Testing, Site Preparation, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency, Waste Management & Recycling
Piping and bathroom manufacturer, Geberit, is exhibiting at CIBSE Build2Perform Live this December.Posted in Articles, Bathrooms & Toilets, Bathrooms, Bedrooms & Washrooms, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Continuing Professional Development (CPD's), Exhibitions and Conferences, Facility Management & Building Services, Innovations & New Products, Interiors, Pipes, Pipes & Fittings, Plumbing, Retrofit & Renovation
Congleton Leisure Centre has been constructed by Pulse Design & Build, with plant & screening louvres from Gilberts Blackpool specified.Posted in Air Conditioning, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Case Studies, Facility Management & Building Services, Health & Safety, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation