2020 has seen the construction industry face unprecedented challenges. One of the many problems has been updating your knowledge and skills through the normal channels. CPD seminars and presentations both inhouse and offsite were an everyday part of working life until the pandemic struck, but the way we now work has changed dramatically. Hambleside Danelaw realise how important it is to continue to keep your skills up to date, so it is running a series of Free Seminars that you can easily access online.
The first seminar, Understanding the Function & Selection Criteria for Rooftile Underlays, took place yesterday (4 November, was presented by Alan Collier.
To register for the remaining presentations, just click on the relevant link/s below.
Friday 6 November 2020 13:00 – 14:00
Presenter: Andy Fell
Who the presentation is aimed at
The content will be of particular relevance to architects and specifiers who are interested in understanding the strengths and weaknesses of modern GRP flat roofing systems for residential, commercial, public sector and heritage applications.
What the presentation will cover
• The development, composition and common uses of GRP in the roofing industry
• A comparison between ‘wet lay’ GRP roof coverings and component-based factory manufactured systems
• Uses of GRP roofing in lieu of metal and other sheet products
• Innovative specifications and applications
• Environmental matters and health and safety issues
• A review of the robust specification, and design practices using GRP roof coverings
Thursday 12 November 2020 13:00 – 14:00
Presenter: Paul Turner
Who the presentation is aimed at
Architects, Specifiers and House Builders interested in modern, quickly installed weatherproofing components which have no residual scrap value.
The presentation will cover
The use of replacement pre-formed GRP flashings components at the valleys, abutments and verges of slated and tiles pitched roofs explored.
• Environmentally friendly alternatives to lead.
• The performance characteristics of GRP and the development of machine-made, pre-formed modern applications for the material.
• A comparison of conventional materials and methods for detailing.
• Examples of good and bad solutions to detail requirements.
• An overview of mortar-free ‘Dry-Fix’ applications, their benefits to reduce labour time and costs.
The aim of the presentation
• To focus on peripheral detailing in pitched roofing applications.
• Identify the environmental, health and theft implications associated with some conventional materials.
• To identify applications appropriate to contemporary lead-free roof construction.
• To demonstrate the use of GRP in a number of different scenarios.
• To compliment and develop an appreciation of flashing detailing.
Noise intrusion from the flightpath into London’s Heathrow Airport has been dramatically cut at Meadowbank Adult Education Centre in Cranford, thanks to Granada secondary glazing.Posted in Acoustics, Noise & Vibration Control, Aluminium Products, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Building Systems, Case Studies, Glass, Glazing, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Windows
Keylite Roof Windows (Keylite), part of The Keystone Group, has been identified as one of the 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2020 by the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG).Posted in Articles, Awards, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Roofs, Windows
The Guild of Architectural Ironmongers (GAI) has appointed Simon Forrester as its new Chief Executive.Posted in Architectural Ironmongery, Articles, Building Associations & Institutes, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Doors, Recruitment
Senior Architectural Systems is inviting specifiers to get in touch to discuss how aluminium window systems can help create healthier interiors that can limit the spread of coronavirus.Posted in Aluminium Products, Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Health & Safety, news, Posts, Retrofit & Renovation, Windows