Undoubtedly, though, the overall comfort of living in any residential building (your home included) highly depends on the quality and age of the windows. Why is it like that and what exactly will change after replacing your old windows with the new ones?
In this article, you will find information from Marcin, the main window and door fitter at Fenbro. This company is one of the most renowned suppliers of top quality joinery on the Irish market.
Windows play a huge part in protecting your home from the elements, which makes them extremely important parts of every residential building. Unfortunately, windows get old and as a result, as years go by, they wear out and don’t perform their role effectively enough, negatively affecting your comfort of living. When should you consider replacing your old windows with the new ones? In Marcin’s opinion, it’s highly recommended to purchase new windows when:
– there are drafts in your house
– your energy bills go higher and higher without any obvious reason (especially during winter)
– your current windows are single-glazed (made with one pane of glass)
– you have difficulties when opening or closing the windows and adjustment doesn’t solve the problem
– there is mould on the window frames
– windows fog up often
According to Marcin from Fenbro, there are many benefits of replacing old windows in your house with the new ones. When looking purely from the comfort perspective, the most important advantages are as follows:
– energy savings. New windows are way more energy-efficient than the older ones. This is especially true for all windows that were installed 10 or more years ago: modern windows provide incomparably better insulation, keeping the cold air outside and making the interior much more pleasant to live in. Quite obviously, this also translates into lower energy bills.
– draft prevention. Drafts can be a real problem, especially in those areas, where windy weather is rather common. New windows, when properly installed, will reduce drafts to a minimum, increasing the comfort for everyone in your house.
– noise reduction. Modern windows are usually double- or even triple-glazed, filled with argon gas between them, which makes such windows a perfect solution to the outside noise and improve their insulation. When closed, new windows will give you much better noise reduction than the older ones could have ever provided.
– easier cleaning and maintenance. Materials that are used in new windows are much easier to clean than the ones used in the past. This is especially true for new uPVC windows, which require little to no maintenance.
– protection from UV rays. Double or triple glazing in new windows provides very effective UV protection, which means that your furniture, walls, floors and other objects inside your house will not fade from prolonged exposure to UV rays.
Fenbro is a dynamic and reliable company that focuses on supplying B2B and B2C customers on several European markets with the finest quality doors and windows from Poland. All products available at the Fenbro website are of the finest quality and come from the best Polish manufacturers.
One of the most unique factors that distinguish Fenbro from the competition is that the company provides a complete service. This is from their products and their delivery to installation, after-sales support, guarantee and expertise.
More information about Fenbro products and services is available at the company’s website
Renowned Birmingham poet Casey Bailey and West Midlands Mayor Andy Street will be at UK Construction Week Birmingham (4 – 6 October).Posted in Articles, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Exhibitions and Conferences, news, Seminars
The latest phase of work on the renewal of a large diameter water main feeding homes and businesses on the edge of the Cotswolds is progressing well, with Aliaxis’ GPS PE Blue featuring.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Case Studies, Drainage, Drainage Services, Drainage, Guttering, Soffits & Fascias, Facility Management & Building Services, Pipes, Pipes & Fittings, Plumbing, Retrofit & Renovation
The latest figures from the Builders Merchant Building Index (BMBI), published in September, reveal that builders’ merchants’ value sales were virtually flat (+0.2%) in July 2022 compared to the same month in 2021.Posted in Articles, Bathrooms & Toilets, Bathrooms, Bedrooms & Washrooms, Building Associations & Institutes, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Hand Tools, Heating Systems, Controls and Management, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Interiors, Kitchens, news, Pipes & Fittings, Plant, Equipment and Hire, Plumbing, Power Tools, Publications, Research & Materials Testing, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency
UZIN and Geoff Acomb & Sons Ltd were both ecstatic in winning the 2022 CFA Award for Flooring in Industrial Areas for the installation at The Yorkshire Party Company in Ripon.Posted in Articles, Awards, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Case Studies, Floors, Interior Design & Construction, Interiors, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation