This time-lapse video shows the £44m, two-year Headingley Stadium redevelopment project in Leeds, undertaken by Caddick Construction. The North Stand and Emerald Suite and facilities were recently officially opened.
– The new Emerald Suite opened for the first time on Thursday May 16 with over 450 guests enjoying views over both Test arenas.
– The completion of the new North Stand takes the rugby stadium’s capacity back up to nearly 20,000 after 20 months of construction on the South Stand and North Stand since demolition began on the South Stand in August 2017. The North Stand includes twelve hospitality boxes plus newly refurbished facilities in the pavilion.
– The old North Stand witnessed its final game on 29th September 2017 when the Rhinos defeated Hull FC to reach the Grand Final.
– Across all the projects, a remarkably over 2400 operatives have been inducted onto site. 30% of operatives working on the stadium redevelopment were from Leeds, 67% of operatives working on the stadium redevelopment were from Yorkshire whilst 65% of companies employed on the project were Yorkshire based, specialist sports stadium equipment had to come from further afield. Importantly, 14 Apprenticeships were carried out during the stadium redevelopment.
– 8,228 seats have been installed as part of the re-construction with over a kilometre of handrails in place around the stadium.
– Over 3,000 cubic metres of concrete were used in the foundations and nearly 12,000 metre square of blockwork walls have been laid with 204 doors hung.
– 1,240 tonnes of steel were used in the construction all held together with 42,000 bolts and fans will recall the emerging stand appearing like a giant puzzle as 1,363 pieces of pre-cast concrete were lowered into place totalling 2,995 tonnes.
TG Escapes, the team behind Modular Classrooms, explore how it can have a positive impact in the learning environment, now children have returned to school.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Case Studies, Health & Safety, Lighting, news, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation
Peri LTD, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of formwork and scaffolding, recently had Gatic CastSlot installed at its extensive multi-purpose service yard.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Case Studies, Civil Engineering, Drainage, Guttering, Soffits & Fascias, Hard Landscaping & Walkways, Landscaping, Posts, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation
Staff at CMS Group are voluntarily taking part in a programme to help wildlife thrive at the company’s main manufacturing site and have been recognised for their efforts by leading UK wildness charity, the John Muir Trust.Posted in Articles, Awards, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Doors, Facades, Site Preparation, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency, Walls, Waste Management & Recycling, Windows
Contour has been talking about the recyclability of LST radiators and radiator covers when they come to the end of their lifespan and need to be replaced.Posted in Articles, Building Industry News, Building Services, Heating Systems, Controls and Management, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Site Preparation, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency, Waste Management & Recycling