This time-lapse video shows the £44m, two-year Headingley Stadium redevelopment project in Leeds, undertaken by Caddick Construction. The North Stand and Emerald Suite and facilities were recently officially opened.
– The new Emerald Suite opened for the first time on Thursday May 16 with over 450 guests enjoying views over both Test arenas.
– The completion of the new North Stand takes the rugby stadium’s capacity back up to nearly 20,000 after 20 months of construction on the South Stand and North Stand since demolition began on the South Stand in August 2017. The North Stand includes twelve hospitality boxes plus newly refurbished facilities in the pavilion.
– The old North Stand witnessed its final game on 29th September 2017 when the Rhinos defeated Hull FC to reach the Grand Final.
– Across all the projects, a remarkably over 2400 operatives have been inducted onto site. 30% of operatives working on the stadium redevelopment were from Leeds, 67% of operatives working on the stadium redevelopment were from Yorkshire whilst 65% of companies employed on the project were Yorkshire based, specialist sports stadium equipment had to come from further afield. Importantly, 14 Apprenticeships were carried out during the stadium redevelopment.
– 8,228 seats have been installed as part of the re-construction with over a kilometre of handrails in place around the stadium.
– Over 3,000 cubic metres of concrete were used in the foundations and nearly 12,000 metre square of blockwork walls have been laid with 204 doors hung.
– 1,240 tonnes of steel were used in the construction all held together with 42,000 bolts and fans will recall the emerging stand appearing like a giant puzzle as 1,363 pieces of pre-cast concrete were lowered into place totalling 2,995 tonnes.
The prestigious Apprentice Decorator of the Year competition came to a head at Edinburgh College in November, with a three-day event which saw eight finalists take centre stage.Posted in Articles, Awards, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Interior Design & Construction, Interiors, Paints, Paints, Coatings & Finishes, Recruitment, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Walls
Aluprof UK has supported the Building Awards held in London since 2018. The event continues to be the construction industry’s premier event.Posted in Aluminium Products, Articles, Awards, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Systems, Curtain Walling, Doors, Facades, Glass, Glazing, Restoration & Refurbishment, Retrofit & Renovation, Walls, Windows
Vent-Axia is celebrating winning the ‘Domestic Ventilation Product of the Year’ award at the prestigious H&V News Awards for the third year in a row.Posted in Air Conditioning, Articles, Awards, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Facility Management & Building Services, Health & Safety, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning - HVAC, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency
Futurebuild cultivates a collaborative, knowledge sharing culture through eight show sections – find out more about those here…Posted in Articles, Building Industry Events, Building Industry News, Building Products & Structures, Building Services, Exhibitions and Conferences, Innovations & New Products, Seminars, Sustainability & Energy Efficiency