Women in Construction event at Westminster Business School
The event aims to provide the opportunity to present projects across the world demonstrating success, examining the reasons for this and discussing what is needed to shift an exclusively male-dominated industry to become inclusive and diverse.
The event will present projects which have successfully increased the participation of women in the industry.
The ‘Women in Construction’ symposium has been organised around three key problems:
- Increasing participation
- What can be done in the workplace
- Examples of strong measures and international perspectives
The speakers include:
- Professor Linda Clarke and Dr Sylvia Snijders, Westminster Business School
- Kevin Bowsher, Network Rail, discussing Network Rail’s Women on Board initiative
- Valerie Francis, University of Melbourne, discussing Women and their career advancement in the Australian construction industry
- Kath Moore, Women into Construction, The examples of the Olympics, Crossrail and beyond
The event – which will also include lunch and close with drinks and a networking session – will feature a platform discussion, with invited panelists intended to bring different themes together to discuss how best to ‘raise the bar’ on women’s participation in construction.